Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Eleven. (Just kidding.) Ten.

  1. I got to talk to my foster-father-in-law last night for almost an hour. He has been a widower for about a year and a half and regaled me with tales from his adventures with E-harmony dot com. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. If you know any sweet 60-something women looking for an amazingly sweet Christian man, send them my way. Maybe we can save him some trouble...
  2. There are about four inches of snow outside this morning... Tejan has only seen a dusting of snow, so I'm dying for him to wake up and see a real snowfall. It's so beautiful.
  3. We got all three Christmas trees up over the weekend, AND the lights on the outside of the house. We've decked the halls - and it's so pretty.
  4. My Christmas shopping is coming along nicely. There are tons of presents in my special hiding place... I need to make some time to wrap stuff this week. I love the first time I open the box of Christmas wrap - because I always forget what I have from year to year.
  5. I made White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies last night out of my Martha Sterwart Living magazine. Oh my grief, are they good. Seriously. You need to try them.
  6. I'm teaching this today... I can't wait to see how they all turn out. Classes where I provide the materials and inspiration and then let the students do their own thing are my favorite. It's so cool to see where the ispiration takes people...
  7. Asia is in Seattle this week, staying at some swanky hotel for some federal training or something. Apparently the feds have more money for lodging, because I guess this place is pretty nice... darn him. I never get to go anywhere. I guess it helps that he has to sit through boring stuff all day long... but it's still not fair.
  8. Tejan just got up, ran outside and grabbed a handful of snow. "Auntie Cathy, I like it!" And then as it melted, he yelled, "It's water!" Oh my... this is going to be fun.
  9. No time for ten today... we're going outside!

Happy Tuesday, dear friends.

4 comments:

  1. I have a fifty something mother-in-law wokring on her personal ad- I'd love to spare her some time!

    Ode to the holiday cheer, thanks for sharing it here, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about Tejan's fun in the snow!
    Eharmony is a blast. Sometimes, when they have a free weekend, I get on there with my married girlfriends and a bottle of wine. We laugh and laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had lots of fun outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine10:46 AM

    I have a wonderful 60 something friend whose husband just passed away a few days ago. Probably too soon but if he's still looking months from now we'll get them together! Her husband had MS and she'd been caring for him for years yet she is vital and strong. It was a blessing he finally made it to heaven but she'll miss him.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people talk back...