- I got to talk to my foster-father-in-law last night for almost an hour. He has been a widower for about a year and a half and regaled me with tales from his adventures with E-harmony dot com. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. If you know any sweet 60-something women looking for an amazingly sweet Christian man, send them my way. Maybe we can save him some trouble...
- There are about four inches of snow outside this morning... Tejan has only seen a dusting of snow, so I'm dying for him to wake up and see a real snowfall. It's so beautiful.
- We got all three Christmas trees up over the weekend, AND the lights on the outside of the house. We've decked the halls - and it's so pretty.
- My Christmas shopping is coming along nicely. There are tons of presents in my special hiding place... I need to make some time to wrap stuff this week. I love the first time I open the box of Christmas wrap - because I always forget what I have from year to year.
- I made White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies last night out of my Martha Sterwart Living magazine. Oh my grief, are they good. Seriously. You need to try them.
- I'm teaching this today... I can't wait to see how they all turn out. Classes where I provide the materials and inspiration and then let the students do their own thing are my favorite. It's so cool to see where the ispiration takes people...
- Asia is in Seattle this week, staying at some swanky hotel for some federal training or something. Apparently the feds have more money for lodging, because I guess this place is pretty nice... darn him. I never get to go anywhere. I guess it helps that he has to sit through boring stuff all day long... but it's still not fair.
- Tejan just got up, ran outside and grabbed a handful of snow. "Auntie Cathy, I like it!" And then as it melted, he yelled, "It's water!" Oh my... this is going to be fun.
- No time for ten today... we're going outside!
Happy Tuesday, dear friends.