Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A late Tuesday Ten

  1. Not sure how the day got away from me... but here I am at 4:00 pm, blogging when I should be folding laundry and making dinner.
  2. My parents, who live on the north Oregon coast - are alive and apparently not flooded away. I know this only because a ham radio operator who spoke with my dad called last night to tell me so. I cannot call them on either their land line or their cell phones. I have no idea when those will be restored.
  3. I have a new favorite recipe. It's for Pumpkin Flax Quickbread. It's quick, vegan, low fat, full of fiber and omega-3 oil and absolutely DELICIOUS. I could eat it every day for breakfast.
  4. We watched Hairspray over the weekend. What a fun, happy, feel-good movie! We loved it. L.O.V.E.D. it.
  5. I help Tejan do exercises for his jaw four times a day. Can I just complain a teeny-tiny bit that I'm tired of helping him do his jaw exercises four times a day?
  6. Asia gets to go to Kentucky in June for work and I think he's going to fly me over toward the end of the week so we can have a little southern vacation together... yay! I've never been to Kentucky.
  7. I finally got to walk the dog today. It's been so stormy and rainy and snowy and cold she hasn't been on a walk for ages. And of course, it started to rain on us, so our walk became a run for the last block. She was a happy dog though...
  8. Thursday is Ethan's birthday. I've gotta get some presents wrapped!
  9. The newsletter is up at Apropos' website for January through April. We've got some great classes planned. The big news? Donna Downey is teaching for our anniversary weekend in March! We're so excited. Anyone want to come?
  10. Seriously gotta start dinner now. Chicken enchiladas.

Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. I'm the first commenter--wahoo! ;)

    I'm making that pumpkin bread tomorrow. I love pumpkin bread, and this one looks so much healthier than my usual favorite recipe!

    And regarding "Anyone want to come?" Um, let me think about it... YES!!!!! I'll be spreading the word. :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a praceful Married-mother-of-thre (ish) life. I sometimes envy you. Even with the jaw excercises.
    M' has been begging to come and visit you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Always love your Tuesday ten. Makes me smile.

    Thought I would let you know I have joined the wonderful world of blogdom. My address is www.outofthemessbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on 4 times a day. Prayers and peace sweetie.
    I'm glad your parents are ok and that you heard from the ham radio operator.
    The bread sounds yummy, I'll put in on my try-it-out list.
    ...uhm, KENTUCKY! is only 2 hours from ME!! cough cough..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh fun- I would love a class by Donna! And Yup- KY is not too far from ohio!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people talk back...