Skip to main content

I'm Baaaa--aaaacck!

Phew.

The weekend is over. Finally. On Wednesday.

Good thing is, the next weekend starts in two days.

Bad thing is, all the things I usually do on Monday and Tuesday are still undone.

Good thing is, I got to hang with my parents for five days.

Bad thing is - I have a puppy too, and the combination of tending to guests and keeping track of dog poop WIPED ME OUT!

Good thing? My Mom adores Gracie. Dad too, I think. He admitted though - he doesn't really know how to love a dog - they "pet" differently than cats, you know. Dad has been a cat owner - not so much dogs.

Bad thing. Gracie loves to run and Mom got to chase her halfway down the block. Thankfully they both returned in one piece. Go, Mom!

Good thing. The Invisible Fence trainer comes today and starts the process of teaching Gracie to stay far far away from the invisible line in the grass.

Bad thing. She's starts the training inside so it'll be a week before we get to use the outside fence. Gracie has a taste for the front yard and the street and therefore can no longer be outside without a leash. Period. I'm afraid we'll lose her otherwise.

Good thing. The leaves here in town are the prettiest I ever remember them being in our seven years of living here. Mom and I took a drive and enjoyed the best of them yesterday.

Bad. It's raining today and there are always piles of leaves on the ground after a rainfall.

Good. I got to go to the Book Fair at the kids' school this morning. I LOVE the book fair. All those shiny Scholastic books make me so happy. I limited myself and the kids to one book apiece. Except I used my allotment to buy an extra one for K., since he's home sick today and is restricted from screen time.

Bad. K. is home sick today and is restricted from screen time.

Good. K. and I spent some time looking at this: When Hamster's Attack this morning and enjoyed a good laugh.

Bad. K. will probably grow up and design websites like that. Oh well, it's a living, I guess. Or maybe not. It's probably something some guy does on the side that takes hours of his time and drives his wife crazy.

Good. I went to bed at 9:00 last night. Asia took Gracie out at 12:30 before he came to bed, and then I didn't have to get up with her until 5:30. She's had several nights like that with nice long stretches of sleep.

Bad. She's getting SO big already. Her front legs have to have grown a good three inches taller since we got her. We had to move the divider back in her crate already to give her room to stretch out. Puppies don't last long, do they?

Good. Coffee.

Bad. Peeing every 20 minutes because I drank so much coffee.

Good. Catching up on all my favorite blogs.

Bad. Ignoring the housework I should be doing.

Good. A day I don't have to go anywhere.

Bad. A design deadline I have to meet before tomorrow.

Good. Getting back to my blog.

Good.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:15 AM

    Glad you are back - missed you. thanks for the b'day card....it made me laugh and cry which means it was perfect. Kez read it and didn't get it at all....I guess you have to be old enough to know - that is a good thing about getting older and liking the skin you are in. I am going to try blogging about my birthday in the next couple days - it was an event. I had a crazy party - I love India was the theme and i now have a fancy sari to wear....so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Cathy! I missed you. I haven't read blogs for one entire week due to a self imposed restriction that I strictly enforced. Yours is the first blog I have opened for eight long days. I missed you... oh, I already said that - but it is true. I LOVE your good and bad list. I related to every single thing you shared. HUGS and here's hoping that you get a full seven days this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read