Skip to main content

The power of prayer

I'm here to tell you, people.

Prayer is real.

And it works.

Here's an excerpt from an email I sent to some of my closest supporters in this whole Tejan adventure earlier this week...

"On a personal level, I would appreciate your prayers for me. I'm feeling much more aprehensive this time around - probably because I know more this time about what I'm in for over the next couple of weeks. I'll admit that I do not feel quite as empowered right now as I did before Tejan's first surgery. Please pray for courage for me. And good rest. While I've never doubted that I am doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing, right now, in this moment, I kind of don't want to face what's ahead. I know I will get through - that God is amazing - and that His strength is perfect. And for sure - even more perfect as I admit my total weakness tonight. But to be honest, I'm really feeling the weakness right now and not so much the strength... I covet your prayers."

That was Monday.


I was so tired. And very emotional. And fully overwhelmed by the fact that we were diving into another surgery just one short week away. I felt incapable. And ready to throw in the towel. So I asked for prayer.


And guess what?


Within a day I was feeling fully lifted up.


Supported.


Capable.


My circumstances hadn't changed at all. And I'd spoken to no one.


But I knew people were praying.


Because my outlook had changed completely.


And I knew I could face the next week with confidence.


I'm ready.


So please, if you're praying, don't stop.


It makes all the difference in the world.


The next surgery is Monday morning at 7:30 am.


Thank you, friends.

Comments

  1. Dang, I was hoping we could stop praying for you! Seriously, it is a privilege to be able to pray for you. We feel a part of your ministry to Tejan because we can pray for you. We wish we could take your kids for a day, provide dinner for you or rub your feet (okay, not really on that last one), but due to our distance all we are able to do is pray. How awesome that the most powerful thing we can do for you can be done from hundreds of miles away! Thanks for the updates and the humility to ask for prayer. You are right where God wants you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep praying, Cath. I'm glad God is giving you the strength you need! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are covered, girl
    This is so cool. I love watching God work in you. It stregthens my faith, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. more prayers coming sweeties! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying and anxious to hear how Tejan is doing after his surgery today. Keep us posted when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!! I believe in the power of prayer and am so glad you are feeling it! :0)
    I will keep praying for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:28 AM

    While I don't want to be overly picky theologically, rather than talk about the "power of prayer," it would be more accurate to talk about the power of God. It is not that prayer is real and prayer that works, but that God is real and God who is at work. Prayer is only the tool by which God shows us his power and shows us that he is real.
    Having said that, Cathy, I'm glad that God has made his power and his reality known to you this week. We will keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did the surgery go?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read