Skip to main content

Tuesday. Ten.

  1. Tejan's spiderman costume came in the mail over the weekend. You should see the muscles on this thing! He looks SO cute in it. And the excitement level? Over the top. Too fun.
  2. I'm so sorry that the rest of the country is experiencing ridiculously warm temperatures... here in Spokane fall has very much arrived - with cool mornings and fog and beautiful colorful leaves falling from the trees. I think it's supposed to be 75 degrees here today - but only for today and then we're back into the 60's again. I love the cooler temperatures of fall and would be very cranky if it were in the 80's and 90's right now.
  3. My new favorite thing? A shot of sugar free peppermint syrup in my morning coffee. Yum.
  4. I keep thinking maybe I want a cat. But Asia hates cats. So it probably won't happen. Besides, there's the hair issue. One animal's hair is probably enough for me to deal with.
  5. Only three more cross country races for the season... it's been so fun to watch Kyler excel at a sport... I've always considered him cursed with my non-athletic genes - but he's a great runner. It makes me a proud mama to see him passing all the other kids when he races.
  6. We had lots of laughs last night when Tejan started teaching us all 'tricks' you can do with your body... you should have seen us all trying to get our arms to turn like pretzels over and around our heads and attempting the splits... we were a sight.
  7. I'm supposed to be making a handout for a class I'm teaching today. I have no self control.
  8. Every year I say I'm going to start my Christmas shopping early. That would mean now, don'tcha think? Yeah... not happening.
  9. I'm having to share my morning pot of coffee with Kyler now. Silly 12 year old started drinking it just to spite his sister because I said she couldn't drink it until she was 12... He heard that and said, "So that means if I wanted to drink coffee, I could?" Now I think he actually likes it. Silly kid.
  10. Turns out the pronunciation of certain words is quite different in Sierra Leone... last night as I was tucking Tejan in, I had to dig under his blankets to find his top sheet. "Where is your sheet, Tejan?" I asked. He looked at me and through his laughter said "Auntie, this word sheet - in Sierra Leone that means caca. Poop." Oh dear. I've been spouting four letter words at bedtime without even knowing it. I reassured him that although that word exists in american slang, it's pronounced differently, and I was referring to the thin cotton blanket on his bed when I said it. I couldn't stop laughing for the longest time. Great tears were rolling down my cheeks as I realized what he thought I'd been saying. Sheesh.

Happy Tuesday, friends.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Comments

  1. OH dear... Once I was reviewing the -it family with some of my kindergartners and wouldn't you know that little Holly was very pleased with herself having come up with the /sh/ brother in front of the -it family.

    Happy Tuesday, Cath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this season in Spokane :*) aren't we lucky?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is finally feeling like fall here as well!
    And I say the same thing about Christmas shopping!! I think I 've finally acceptd that I am a December shopper. I can't think any farther ahead!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of all 10 is hysterical and second, i have FOUR christmas presents bought and WRAPPED already :) whoo hoo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read