Sunday, May 02, 2010

Bloomsday 2010

We ran/walked Bloomsday today.

There were over 55,000 participants registered... almost 50,000 finished the race.

Kyler ran near the front of the pack. Asia and the younger kids and I walked.

I'm so thankful that I ran into my friend Brynn at the start... she and I stuck together the whole time. We got ditched by everyone else because they all decided to run the majority of the race. We both ran the first mile and a half, and then wherever there was a downhill... but walked a lot of the course. We finished with an appromimate time of 1 hour 43 minutes. It's a 12K race (7.46 miles) We don't know Kyler's finishing time - we should know by Tuesday... I think he finished in just about an hour.
Here's the whole fam with our race t-shirts... bright green this year!

Yay, Bloomies!

Update: Here are Kyler's results... he did awesome, finishing 7th out of 479 fifteen year old males and 782 out of 49,674 total runners. I'm so proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. Lorraine12:16 PM

    Go Kyler!!! Way to go, Goins Fam. I'm just happy my puzzle is almost finished. Wow, I think there may be a wee bit of difference in what we are accomplishing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people talk back...