Skip to main content

Musings of a self-pitying fool

I'm in a crappy mood right now, so I'll warn you now - this may not be the most entertaining post ever.

The day got off to a good start, with Gracie sleeping well until almost 6:00, and me being able to get my bath out of the way before any of the kids were up. I felt organized, empowered and ready to tackle a long to-do list.

I drove the kids to school - the weather has turned and it was raining, so I dropped them off then started my errands. Post Office, doggie boutique, Goodwill (halloween costumes,) Office Depot and Papers Plus - all done in just over an hour. However, in the midst of all that productivity, my brain was working overtime, stewing about certain little things that have happened in the last day or so to hurt my feelings.

I have certain areas of my life that I am sensitive about. I've shared about some of them in my blogging. Others, I've kept to myself. I will continue to do so, for various reasons. But I can share about how easily I wander down a path of self-doubt and pity.

It's ugly and wrong and I'm not proud of myself.

Thanfully, God is ever-present, and I'm able to turn to Him in my hurt and disappointment - and He never winces.

So on this Wednesday, I'll be brief.

I'll go on with my day and slowly begin to turn the tide of my thinking to those things I know are true and noble and right and praiseworthy.

Why is it so hard some days?

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:02 PM

    I am with you today on the hard days....especially as I received your email over on epic and replied brilliantly as well as honestly without needing anyone but you to see where I am at right now - and the damn site ate my note. Boy, am I in a bad mood. I will try again tomorrow, if I don't take a bat to my computer. Paul continually reminds me that I should cut and paste (and beg and plead) for my thoughts on the computer. I need to scribble in big fat letters all over colored paper to feel better tonight. See ya. Did I win the prize for feeling more sorry for myself in this moment? Please say yes so that I can pull out of the downward spiral i am feeling this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Corey - I'm just so happy to hear from you, I don't care what mood you're in.

    I'm so picking needy tongiht.

    How is it that they rhythm of our lives is often so similar when we're so far away from each other? It's freaky and reassuring at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly believe we need some of the hard days to fully appreciate the goodness when it comes. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read