Skip to main content

Come on down!

  • S. is on the couch watching "The Price is Right." Isn't it amazing that Bob Barker is still on every day? I used to watch him when I was a kid, home sick on the couch. He really has hardly changed. The models are different, but he never changes. (Except for the white hair.) Let me tell you, I'll be spaying my dog. Bob brainwashed me years ago regarding the importance of spaying and neutering.
  • Puppy Preschool starts tonight. Gracie has already mastered "sit," "come," and "stay." I'm sure she'll be the star of the class, if I can keep her from peeing all over everything. She wets whenever she gets really excited. (Sounds familiar...) Nothing excites her more than other people and other dogs. Hopefully she'll be able to contain herself.
  • Why is it, that with tv shows you didn't watch regularly, if you happen to see it, it's always the same episode? I never watched "Everybody Loves Raymond" but if I did happen upon an episode, it was always the one with the suitcase on the stairs. Same with "Full House," which I never watched. But today S. watched the episode where they all get to go see the Beach Boys concert and get to go up on stage and sing. I've seen that damn episode at least five times. Am I the only person this happens to? (Sorry, Mom. It's really the only way I can refer to a television show where Bob Saget is allowed to sing.)
  • I'm sure my neighbor Nancy over the back fence thinks we have turned into total rednecks. See, the refrigerator is still on the back deck - so whenever I need to git something, I gotta go outside. She seen me out there this morning in my red flannel fleece and my py-jammas. I'm sure she cain't wait for us to be done with this here kitchen...
  • I'm going to a Christmas brunch at the ex-church this weekend. Several of my best girlfriends still attend there, and the many of the ones who don't will also be attending. I'm looking forward to seeing people. I can't believe it's been a year since the brunch last Christmas. I was on the Women's Ministry team last year and was heavily involved. What a difference a year makes. I'm praying for opportunities to really connect with people and be able to encourage others without awkwardness and discomfort. I find that anyone else who has left is really easy to talk to, but seeing acquaintances who still attend the ex-church is often horribly strained and uncomfortable. They just don't know what to say. I want people to understand that I'm totally okay with wherever they choose to worship. Just because they have chosen to stay there doesn't mean I'm going to make any sort of judgment call on them. I firmly believe God is still doing good things there. And I always hope that others will feel the same about our decision to leave and just accept that God is bigger than any church or congregation and that the Bride of Christ includes all of us. We just need to love each other. Lots of prayers going up about this one...
  • I'm really loving a couple of different CD's right now. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants soundtrack is my absolute FAVORITE right now... great chick flick, superb soundtrack, great turn-it-up-really-loud-and-sing-your-heart-out kind of music. I realized how much I listen to it when I heard E. singing along with me in the car the other day. Another favorite is Share the Well by Caedmon's Call. And last, but never least, I cannot get enough of The Beautiful Letdown by Switchfoot. Love, love, love this music.
  • It's truly amazing how long a family can survive on Pop Tarts, cold cereal, and toast.
  • Watch for kitchen pictures later today...
  • Happy Monday.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:25 PM

    While I love the Beautiful Letdown, you need to go out right away and buy Switchfoot's latest, Nothing Is Sound. This album is so deep and profound. I've found myself emotionally moved by this album, especially the songs "The Shadow Proves the Sunshine," and "The Blues."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken - I have the new one... I have only listened to it a couple of times... somehow it got lost in a pile somewhere. My favorite song when I did listen was "The Shadow Proves the Sunshine." I'll have to go see if I can find it and listen to it again today. I should put it in the car - that's where I listen to music the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cath, I'm going to that brunch too. Who are you going with? I'll be at my mom's table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Min - I'll be at Cathy's table, I guess. Sherry is orchestrating a girlfriend day and it starts at the brunch. I need to call Cathy and tell her I'll be joining her table... it's kind of weird. Whatever - like I said, lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Well, you know how I feel about Full House, so I won't wax poetic about that today.

    Here is what I really need to comment on: YOU ARE AN ENABLER. That's all. I'm blaming you, though, for the purchase I will make at Target this week. Specifically, the Traveling Pants Soundtrack and the Switchfoot CD. I've been wanting those, but waiting for a recommendation from someone. You just fit the bill, and now it is all your fault.

    Pop Tarts, cold cereal and toast... yeah, that's my son's menu - with a lot of pizza thrown in for good measure.

    Happy Monday back at you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm hello, Miss Jingle Bell Tree Enabler... You'll LOVE those CD's, Kell. Can't wait for you to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, I stumbled across your blog the other day, forgot how I found it, and I'm enjoying it so much! It always amazes me when I find people out there who have had similar experiences to mine. I always feel like things are so different in my life. Thanks for sharing yourself with me!

    http://mindakms.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read