Skip to main content

The last Monday before summer

Here it is, folks. The last week of school. The last week of quiet Monday mornings when all the bodies have gone back to their 'jobs' so I can do mine.

I can't wait to let the kids sleep in. They've been harder and harder to wake up lately. I'm not sure what causes that phenomanon, but it's real. Even the dog's been sleeping later. It will be so nice to be able to enjoy leisurely mornings instead of barking orders about chores and backpacks and lunches and homework.

We had the most fantastic thunderstorm on Saturday night. We're talkin' the flash of lightning and the roar of thunder simutaneously... and tons and tons and tons of rain. I tried to take pictures of the rain. Hard thing - to capture rain. But honestly - in all my years of living on the Oregon Coast, I never saw rain like this. (Okay, I probably did, but it's been a really long time...) I really should weed today, since the ground is still nice and wet - it makes it so much easier to get the little buggers out of the ground. Maybe this afternoon.

I finished up my custom album project over the weekend as well. It's out of the house - which always feels like such a relief. I enjoy doing custom work, but always have an underlying fear that something terrible is going to happen to the client's precious pictures while they're in my possession. Now, the album is gone and I've got a nice fat check to go deposit in the bank.

A fat check that I already spent. I went and ordered new glasses AND prescription sunglasses yesterday. Wow. I can't wait to get them. I've never had prescription sunglasses, but have always wanted them. Costco was running a coupon for $25 off a second pair of glasses, and since I just made this extra money, I decided to go for it. The older I get, the less I want to mess with my contacts and the more I just want to slip my glasses on. Now I won't have to worry about the summer sun issues I've had with my glasses before. Yay! I'll be sure to take pictures when they come in. Both pair are quite hip and funky, if I do say so myself.

I've got other stuff I wanted to post about, but K. just called and told me they're doing their rocket launches today... in 15 minutes. I've gotta go find film, since my digi batteries are dead and I just plugged them in to charge. I really need to get an extra set of those. For today, I'm digging out the film camera. Bummer. Oh well. It's better than no pictures.

Happy happy Monday to all my friends... I LOVE Mondays.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM

    I love rain so much...I'd love to see those rain photos if they turn out. I've never been able to catch a good shot of it before, but we don't get much rain here to practice on! *LOL*

    I'm listening to a Praise & Worship cd right now and the song playing is, "let it rain, His healing rain"...love that serendipitous type of thing. :)

    I am oh so familiar with the relief of finishing a project and the downer of having already spent the moola...*LOL*...new glasses are good though...can't wait to see those pics. :)

    Have fun taking rocket photos...(hey my boys love going to those launches!)

    Happy Monday to you too. :)

    M~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:57 PM

    It will be fun to see your new glasses. If I could I'd have about 10 pair. They should be like jewelry . . . a different pair with each outfit. That's assuming we have "outfits". C'mon, let's get real, those are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my last pair of contacts in February and have been wearing my glasses everyday since (because apparently, I'm blind without them now!). The only time I miss my contacts is when I go outside to "play" and wish I was able to wear sunglasses. So myabe, I'll just get prescription sunglasses. I sure do like that idea, Cath!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read