Skip to main content

Bullets

  • Gracie likes grapes. She's not very good at eating them, because they're round and they tend to pop out of her mouth before she can get her teeth on them, but she really likes them.
  • Here's something I miss about Asia when he's gone: another set of ears to listen to K. This boy talks and talks and talks and talks and talks. "Mom, I know they're not real, but if I found a dragon egg, would you rather I found a blah blah blah dragon egg or a yadda yadda yadda egg?" and "When I get my next DS game, do you think I should get Big Brain Academy or the New Zelda?" or "When I form my band do you think our name should be Crazy Rotten Bean Farts or Fuzz?" and so on and so on and so on. I'm glad he talks to me, because I know in a few years he could very well go inside a shell of teen angst, but it's truly constant... and sometimes I need someone else to listen to him. Just for ten minutes of peace and quiet.
  • Baby it's cold outside... we went from mid 80's on Monday to mid 50's today. I dug a sweater and jacket out of my basement storage closet.
  • Bought a new purse yesterday. I'll post a picture maybe later... busy afternoon... and I really should be doing something other than blogging!
  • I also bought a new mop today. I own every form of mopping apparatus known to man, I believe. I'm always looking for the newest and latest... what I really need, I think, it a housekeeper. I really hate to mop. This latest one seems pretty swift - got the whole 350 square feet of my kitchen done in under 10 minutes. Can't beat that. (Except by getting the housekeeper...)
  • My first Parent Teacher Group board meeting today... it's official. I'm a true school-supporting, badge-wearing, fundraiser-planning, school-newspaper-editing Mom.
  • Our sweet neighbors across the street, Glen and Hazel, gave us a whole bucket of plums from their tree last night. They give us plums every year. I always know when it's plum time, because it's the only time Hazel calls me. "Mrs. Goins? We've got plums over here if you want some. Do you want to send one of your kids over to get them?" And so I send one of my kids over to get them. And we eat them. Yum.
  • We got the whole rack of the My Mind's Eye Bohemia line in at the store this week. It's the most amazing line of scrapbooking papers and embellishments I think I've ever seen. I'm going to have to buy it all, I think. Isn't that just terrible?
  • I picked up "Til We Have Faces" by C.S. Lewis at the library this afternoon, on the recommendation of several friends. Can't wait to read it...

Time to vaccuum... Asia gets home this afternoon and I want the house to be clean.

Toodles, friends!

Comments

  1. Oh, believe me, I have a boy who like to talk all the time too!! If it is not inane questions, it is movie quotes or strange voices. The sweet, sweet sound of silence!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This line is still making me giggle: Crazy Rotten Bean Farts or Fuzz?
    So that's what it's like to have boys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see your new purse, and I think that the new MME papers are my favorite next to KI Pieces of Me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read