Skip to main content

Tuesday Ten

1. I know people say things like this all the time, but can you even believe that September is almost over? Crazy.

2. Still sick. I spent most of last night with Kleenex stuffed up my nose. I've got the unpredictable faucet thing going on... you know, when you nose turns on like a faucet and stuff starts running out with no warning? Blech.

3. I went to water aerobics yesterday, even though I was sick. Felt great in the pool while I was working out. But geez. That took every last bit of energy out of me. I could barely drive home. Still, I LOVE water aerobics. LOVE it. It's the perfect combination of aerobic and resistance training. I can just feel the fat melting off my body when I do it.

4. I've decided that cinnamon is my favorite flavor. Of course, not just plain cinnamon (which is impossible to swallow - did you know that?) But cinnamon with sugar and ooey gooey bread of some sort? Yum. I'd choose that any day over chocolate, and I LOVE chocolate.

5. Asia and I are starting to help with pre-marital and marriage counseling at church. We do a lot of this at home, informally, with couples we have gotten to know... this is just a more formal, church ministry way of doing it. As part of that, we had to take a test of our 'marital harmony' - can't wait to see how that turns out! Bwahhaahhaa! If anything, we're good at mentoring because we're real about our relationship and all the areas in which we need to grow. Really. I think it's important for young couples to see that marriage is hard work. And rewarding because of the hardness of it. Don't get me wrong - I adore my husband - but I'm the first to admit that we're far from perfect.

6. I've sown grass seed on the bald spots of my front lawn. Every morning and afternoon I go out to water them, and talk to them about growing and becoming a lush, green lawn where only dirt has been. Can't wait to see if it works. Grass would be good.

7. I hate to mention weight loss on my blog, because I'm pretty sure it's only interesting to me, but I lost three pounds last week. Yay! Seven more to go and I'll be positively svelte. (Yea, right! I just love that word...)

8. I backed into the garbage can with my car the other day and broke my tail light. How is it that I can back out of my garage a gazillion times with nothing happening, and then one day, I do it wrong and crunch my light? Asia wasn't very happy. And he's taking his time fixing it. Stinker. It looks so tacky.

9. I've got "Emma" and "Under the Tuscan Sun" on my DVR. I'm watching them both today, with my blanket and my box of Kleenex.

10. Happy Tuesday, friends. Smooch you all!

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:05 AM

    You can keep your smooches today. I don't want your cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like water aerobics too. I used to go when I was pregnant and loved it. They're building a YMCA close to our house, hopefully I can take a class there...someday.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the cold thing, I completely understand...blech is right. Hope we ALL feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon! Perhaps the cold will help you lose those extra pounds...cinnamin and sugar will not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good things going on for you! Well except for being sick, but you know what I mean :)
    And I agree about September going by to fast. I've felt this way all year! 2006 is disappearing to fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Cathy! I hope "feeling sickly passes quickly!" (Cheesy, I know, but it was really cute when my husband gave me a card that said that when I was sick once. Thought you might smile at the cheesiness.)

    I keep worrying that I will hit one of our garbage cans on garbage day as I back out of our driveway, too. Our driveway is really long, and I'm just lucky I haven't scraped the side of the van up on the neighbour's cement retaining wall yet, 'cause I tend to "zig-zag" my way back down the driveway. So, I just say a little prayer each time I start the van...

    YAY! you for the three pounds lost. May they never be found again. (If only this were a stomach flu, it might actually help you towards your goal! Just kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:30 AM

    Good job on your three pounds.
    You should be proud....
    It is not an easy task in spite of what all the "fad diets".
    Tomorrow am is our Weight Watchers TV interview. KOIN saw our ad in the paper about my gals losing 2006 lbs in 2006 and they want a TV spot. We have been working on details for weeks and it finally takes place tomorrow! I'm so proud of my members ! IT IS HARD WORK BUT DO ABLE WITH COMMITMENT. GOOD JOB - THE NEXT SEVEN WILL COME : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll give the water aerobics a try next week :) Right after I stop at cinnabon and get a roll... you're making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read