Skip to main content

Content

It's frosty cold this morning. There were predictions of snow, but it did not come.

That's okay with me. I don't want to see snow until November, as a rule. And I especially don't want to be trudging around the block tomorrow night Trick-or-Treating with the kids in it. Although I do love to sit inside with my cup of coffee and watch the flakes fall... makes me really want to put Christmas music on.

We had a great weekend.

I taught a class most of the day Saturday - an Album in a Day. We completed forty layouts. Phew! It was a great class though - great ladies, and lots accomplished.

Church yesterday was perfect for the things I've been pondering about time... the words spoken were totally related to how we spend our time. Funny how God orchestrates those kinds of things. Worship was great.

Asia and I met with another couple after church regarding our role in mentoring young couples in the marriage ministry... good stuff. We had taken an assessment test similar to something the premarital couples go through so we could understand the process... we got our test results back. It was very interesting to see Asia's responses - and he was interested in mine as well... all in all we scored in with a very healthy marriage. I figured we would, but it's fun to see it pan out in black and white. Love my husband and the way our relationship only gets better with time...

Then last night we went and had dinner with a bunch of college students from church who are living in community... they've got this big old house in a pretty skanky district in town, and they are up together each morning for prayer and end the day together in prayer... so cool. They share a community meal every Sunday - and invited us to join them. What a great, organic, living and breathing thing they've got going on... it was great to hang out and watch the kids interact and share meal prep and clean up. They made stir fry with tofu, so of course Asia didn't eat, but the kids all tried the tofu - with mixed reviews. All in all, it was a warm and comfortable evening. Made me happy.

I love this time of year, with the darkness creeping in earlier and the house feeling all warm and cozy... love my coffee pot and baking things with lots of cinnamon and ginger and snuggling on the couch with my honey.

Happy almost November, friends. Have a great week.

Comments

  1. Hey Cathy-

    We had about 20cm of snow yesterday...mmmm, very pretty.

    Is the community house affiliated with your church??? We have the um community house in Calgary (nice area, but 9 people in a big house) and they do morning and evening prayers with community dinner on Sat. some eat meat, others eat tofu and they are recycle crazy.... I love hearing all about the organic body life as well...paul and the boys spent last sat nite at the house-and I stayed there with my mom right after dad's heartattack.

    I don't feel jealous though... I think my family makes enough organic community and laundry to satisfy the "communal living" bug I have - but I do believe that God puts the lonely in families and I love to see families come out of intentional community (ie prayer communities)... so glad you and Asia and the kids got to experience it. It sounded lovely... so does the coffee, baking and snuggling - do you like mulled wine??? It is my favorite winter snuggle drink...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 AM

    you have a great week as well friend... sounds like it has started off wonderfully! blessings, t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever heard of a church group referred to as a filling station? Sometimes I like to think of you as a cyber filling station. You fill me with happiness and warmth with your good life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corey - the house is only affiliated with the church in that a couple of the guys who live there attend New Community. It's actually owned by a Whitworth prof who wanted to facilitate this kind of living... they too are recycling champions, and only take their garbage can out to the curb once every few weeks... they have chickens and a huge garden and compost nearly everything... I was challenged and convicted on many levels - and yet felt much like you do, that I am in a different season of life. I admire them, but don't know if I could live that way anymore... maybe I could. But probably not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read