Skip to main content

A short break from my regularly scheduled Monday cleaning routine...

Good Monday, ya'll.

We had a great weekend.

Asia and I spent Friday night and all day Saturday at a "New Beginnings" marriage workshop, observing what most of the couples we will be mentoring go through as part of our church's 'preparing for marriage' program. It was a great weekend... so fun to see all these young (and some not-so-young) couples do the hard work of learning to communicate and work through some of the tough issues of bringing two people together. I was so proud of all of them.

It was good for me to watch and listen to the advice and information doled out over the course of the weekend. And good for me to look at my husband and appreciate the good thing we've got going. I am blessed with a great husband. And I'm so thankful for the healthy relationship we have. I love being married to this man.

There was a whole section on personality types in the workshop, which I've studied off and on over the years. Or rather, I should say, I've had lots of friends who have studied it and who have labeled me... this was the first time I really paid much attention to it myself though. For anyone who's interested, I am Melancholy Choleric. Reading through the descriptions and then looking at Asia's tendencies was pretty eye-opening for me - and made me appreciate my husband even more. He loves me. Even when I'm not particularly easy to love. I am blessed.

Today is a major work day for me. The house has sort of gotten away from me with my trip last week... so I've vacuumed and dusted and mopped and I still need to change sheets and wash some windows... it's pretty messy and I just need to tackle it head on.

Found a yummy Thai restaurant over the weekend... can't stop thinking about the spicy peanut chicken I had there... I'm thinking I'm going to get lunch there on Thursday for my birthday. Yum.

Okay. Time to get back to cleaning.
Monday smooches to you all.

Comments

  1. What an interesting weekend! I am doing housework too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. I love thai food too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about dinner on Friday instead? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mel/chol: Duh! I think I have mentioned this to you before, in the most loving of possible ways. It's really helpful to get the personalities figured out. Isn't it interesting? I am Sanguine/Choleric, which means that I am super happy, and very controlling... But knowing the problem is the first step, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:02 AM

    kelly is so sanguine. she made it sound like you had listed a whole descripion of personalities from what I read on her blog this morning, so I came in search of answers only to find one quick reference to yourself. ha ha. She's labeled me as phelgmatic, and I'm too lazy to disagree.
    ;-) patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:23 PM

    I can't believe that you slipped in that your B-day is on the 8th. What are you expecting lots of gifts or something! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read