So I'm making a list.
Call them declarations.
Or 'things I know for sure'.
Some are decisions.
Some are little lessons I've learned along the way.
All are truer than true, on this, my thirty-eighth birthday.
- Forty isn't that old at all.
- Music is lovely, but silence is better.
- There is such a thing as the perfect childhood.
- Chicken and rice can be prepared a hundred different ways and still taste good.
- Tweezers are my friend.
- Dog drool is not the most disgusting thing on the planet.
- Levi's 515 Nouveau BootCut are the best jeans in the world.
- Having friends with gardens is a good thing. (Fresh produce without all the work...)
- I don't have to wear a wedding ring to be married.
- Old friendships are worth nurturing.
- $1 dollar a bottle Suave is just fine for my hair.
- One can never have too many candles.
- Slippers are warm. And comfy. And good.
- Creativity is soul food.
- A plate full of sauteed veggies can be more delicious than the best cake.
- Driving an SUV really does make one cool. (Go with me on this one... I always wanted to be cool...)
- The Pacific Northwest is the best place on earth.
- Magazines are a waste of money.
- Creme Brulee is the closest thing to a perfect dessert I can think of.
- Old and loved is often much much better than new and shiny.
- Multiple ear piercings? Bad idea.
- The laptop computer is one of the best inventions ever.
- Lips are better with lip balm.
- Brothers, while often evil as children, are wonderful as adults.
- Worrying is silly.
- Praying is peace.
- Loving Jesus is way more important than going to church.
- Snuggling is never a waste of time.
- I could probably live for a long time on bread alone. (Not to contradict Jesus or anything, I'm just sayin' - it's really really yummy.)
- A good husband can be one of life's greatest blessings.
- There's nothing funnier than someone passing gas in church.
- 38 year old women giggling uncontrollably about someone passing gas in chuch are not immature.
- Oprah is the anti-Christ. (I like her and all. And I'm not totally sure of this one. But I'm thinkin' she fits the description.)
- Cheap shoes are bad.
- Dust is a part of life. Embrace it.
- To get good mail, one must send good mail.
- Life goes quickly.
- Jesus loves me, this I know.