Skip to main content

July 26th? Where is the summer going?

Seriously.

There are all sorts of things I was planning to do with my kids this summer. And there's only five full weeks of summer left in which to do them. Not sure how that happens.

I've been crazy busy this week... the kids have been at VBS - which they love. But I was mistakenly thinking that I would have a little extra time to accomplish some stuff while they were gone... instead I've been working a bunch and trying to get the laundry done so I can pack for my weekend and barely keeping the house clean. Agh! This week is a pretty clear example of how the summer is getting away from me.

So here's my list.

The things I want to do with the kids before school starts...
  • Explore at least three new hiking trails together. Along with a cooler packed full of lunch and the dog.
  • Go on a progressive fast food extravaganza. Drinks at Sonic. Burgers at D'Lish. Fries from Arby's. Ice cream cones from Dicks. My kids would think this was so silly and fun.
  • Go to the river at least a couple more times.
  • Ride our bikes together once a week or more.
  • Do some sort of fun photo shoot together - find a funky location and take lots of pictures of each other. Just for fun. I'm always amazed when I let the kids behind the camera. They get some pretty cool shots.
  • Walk to Rocket Bakery for breakfast.
  • Go thrift-store shopping for white elephant gifts for our family Christmas exchange.
  • Lay on a blanket at Manito Park and read fairy tales to each other.
  • Go to Donut Parade.

So there. I wrote it down. And maybe we'll do them all. I'd sure love to.

*****

On a totally unrelated note, there is a skunk who has taken up residence somewhere nearby. And he stinks. I think he's sprayed at least five or six times just this morning. I was awakened by the stench at the pickin' crackadawn. It's quite awful, if you must know. I hope he moves on to another neighborhood soon.

*****

Now I'm off to face the day.

Happy Thursday, friends!

Comments

  1. You go girl!!
    I work two and a half days a week, and dd has therapy another day....we have had busy weekends, and I totally feel like this summer is blowing by us! I had hiking plans..lunch plans....science center plans....thanks for motivating me to plan a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:15 AM

    how unique and cool would be the progressive fast food dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:45 AM

    OK - OK - OK
    What is a donut parade ?????
    Sounds too good to miss !
    Can we make it a maple bar
    parade ????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree!
    Summer is going way to fast!!!
    And even if you only do a few things on your list, I would say that is an accomplishment :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with mom, if there is some sort of donut parade I want to be front and center. :D

    We have a skunk nearby too! Ugh, I hate to wake up to that.

    Oh, and I like your new avatar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:10 PM

    It would be a lot easier if you didn't put the dog in the cooler.

    Does she have to remain cool?

    It really would be heavy.

    Oh well whatever works, but Gracie might eat the lunch if you put her in the cooler with the lunch.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read