But I just sort of miss blogging.
And I'm procrastinating. I should be in the shower. Or packing. But I'm going to blog instead.
- My visit to Stacy Julian's home was so fun. She has the most lovely house, and her studio is just absolutely amazing. AMAZING, people. Plus, she covers her Redi-Whip can with scrapbooking paper.
- I ordered some pretty cool stuff at her Upper Case Living party... a quote for my studio - "An artist cannot fail, for it is a success to be one." I had to design it myself, because it wasn't in their catalog. And I also got a Christmas present for someone. Not saying who.
- My niece flew to Slovakia this week for a Rotary Student Exchange. She'll be living there for a year. I think her whole family is so brave. It's a really complete sort of 'leaving the nest,' - more than most families have to face, for sure. She's an amazing girl though. And I know this experience will make her even more amazing.
- I am beyond excited about Tejan's arrival. If you are a pray-er, please pray for his travel, as he is actually leaving Africa today. He will be spending a week in the Seattle area upon his arrival in the U.S. before he comes to Spokane. Pray for his protection and peace as he makes this huge trip. And pray that our family will be a perfect fit for him while he is here. We get to meet him in 9 days!
- Asia and I have very very different taste in music. I was reminded of this as I loaded up our CD cases for our road trip today. Our best bet is to load up the 6 CD changer in the car with 3 of his CDs and 3 of mine and hit random. That way we're both compromising and whatever song comes up next is out of our hands. I believe the 6 CD changer is why we're still happily married after all these years.
- I've been saving my magazines for this vacation. I finally get to read my new Memory Makers, Scrapbooks etc, Creating Keepsakes, Martha Stewart Living and Real Simple. YAY!
- Savannah flew to Portland (all alone!) on Wednesday and has been spending the last few days in Astoria with my parents. She called twice on Wednesday, but hadn't called again, so I had to call her last night. Apparently, she doesn't miss us as much as she thought she was going to. Good for her.
- I don't know why, but getting the dog's toenails clipped is one of the errands I put off. When I finally take her I'm always amazed at how quick and easy it is. Snip snip snip snip x4, $10, thank you very much. I obviously just need to go do it when it needs to be done. Sheesh.
- My blog break has been very productive. I've gotten class samples done for 8 classes and am well on my way with many others. Yay! Plus - the house is good and ready for Tejan's arrival and I've made the connections I need to make with the people who are going to be helping with his care. Yay for productive blog breaks!
- We leave in approximately five hours for our annual week at the beach. This week is always the highlight of our summer. It's good timing. Can you say V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N? Ahhh.
I'm still officially on break, you know. I just felt like I was going to spill over with things I wanted to tell you - so I had to post. See you all in a bit - have a great week!