Skip to main content

Ten on Saturday. Huh?

Okay, so I'm supposed to be on a break.

But I just sort of miss blogging.

And I'm procrastinating. I should be in the shower. Or packing. But I'm going to blog instead.

So there.

  1. My visit to Stacy Julian's home was so fun. She has the most lovely house, and her studio is just absolutely amazing. AMAZING, people. Plus, she covers her Redi-Whip can with scrapbooking paper.

  2. I ordered some pretty cool stuff at her Upper Case Living party... a quote for my studio - "An artist cannot fail, for it is a success to be one." I had to design it myself, because it wasn't in their catalog. And I also got a Christmas present for someone. Not saying who.

  3. My niece flew to Slovakia this week for a Rotary Student Exchange. She'll be living there for a year. I think her whole family is so brave. It's a really complete sort of 'leaving the nest,' - more than most families have to face, for sure. She's an amazing girl though. And I know this experience will make her even more amazing.

  4. I am beyond excited about Tejan's arrival. If you are a pray-er, please pray for his travel, as he is actually leaving Africa today. He will be spending a week in the Seattle area upon his arrival in the U.S. before he comes to Spokane. Pray for his protection and peace as he makes this huge trip. And pray that our family will be a perfect fit for him while he is here. We get to meet him in 9 days!

  5. Asia and I have very very different taste in music. I was reminded of this as I loaded up our CD cases for our road trip today. Our best bet is to load up the 6 CD changer in the car with 3 of his CDs and 3 of mine and hit random. That way we're both compromising and whatever song comes up next is out of our hands. I believe the 6 CD changer is why we're still happily married after all these years.

  6. I've been saving my magazines for this vacation. I finally get to read my new Memory Makers, Scrapbooks etc, Creating Keepsakes, Martha Stewart Living and Real Simple. YAY!

  7. Savannah flew to Portland (all alone!) on Wednesday and has been spending the last few days in Astoria with my parents. She called twice on Wednesday, but hadn't called again, so I had to call her last night. Apparently, she doesn't miss us as much as she thought she was going to. Good for her.

  8. I don't know why, but getting the dog's toenails clipped is one of the errands I put off. When I finally take her I'm always amazed at how quick and easy it is. Snip snip snip snip x4, $10, thank you very much. I obviously just need to go do it when it needs to be done. Sheesh.

  9. My blog break has been very productive. I've gotten class samples done for 8 classes and am well on my way with many others. Yay! Plus - the house is good and ready for Tejan's arrival and I've made the connections I need to make with the people who are going to be helping with his care. Yay for productive blog breaks!

  10. We leave in approximately five hours for our annual week at the beach. This week is always the highlight of our summer. It's good timing. Can you say V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N? Ahhh.

I'm still officially on break, you know. I just felt like I was going to spill over with things I wanted to tell you - so I had to post. See you all in a bit - have a great week!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you posted. I've missed ya! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great vacation! Seems like it is well deserved. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to get an update. Yay for productive blog breaks!

    I'll keep Tejan in my prayers. I can't believe he's coming so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I'm so happy you broke your silence. Such fun things going on in your home and life :) I will keep T in my prayers and am looking forward to full reports when he arrives.
    And a beach report. Take good (mental) notes on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely will pray for a safe trip and arrival for Tejan! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:53 PM

    An evening with Stacy Julian....
    Wow! Didn't you just love her studio? She is one inspiring gal.
    Great to see you & Ann there. Yay for Ann winning the door prize.

    Enjoy your vacation!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m