Skip to main content

Ten on Tuesday.

  1. I'm on Facebook, mostly because it's the easiest way for me to stay in touch with my oldest and dearest friend Corey. There are oodles of Canadians on Facebook. My girlfriend Corina (who is Canadian) suggested I get Asia on, since he went to bible college in Saskatchewan and it would be a great way for him to be in touch with old friends. So I did. And now he's addicted. There's a reason they call it Crackbook. I've created a monster.
  2. Tejan had his post-op visit with the doctor yesterday as well as his first physical therapy appointment. He sailed through both with flying colors. Frankly, no one can believe how quickly his recovery has gone or the fact that he's already off of pain meds. I can believe it, because for weeks we've been praying for a quick, pain-free recovery. Yay! God answers prayer.
  3. You're all going to think we're crazy. But we're having a couple over from our church this evening to talk about them staying with us for a couple of months while they raise support for full time ministry. We fully believe our house is a gift we need to share however the opportunity presents... and we have an opportunity. We talked about it at dinner last night and everyone is on the same page... I love that my kids embrace our open door mindset.
  4. I think we'll be carving pumpkins tonight as well. I figure there's no better way to let these folks know how loud and cuckoo life can be at our house - pumpkin guts and all.
  5. The Christmas lists are being made... I hear so much lately from my munchkins about what they want... It's always such a challenge to keep them focused on giving instead of receiving. How do you do it?
  6. I bought this and this last week. Both are great. Listography just makes me happy. It's got one of those textured, clothy covers and the pages are smooth and soft... can't decide if I'm going to write in it or just keep it in as it is in all it's pristine goodness. It's inspiring - either way.
  7. Grocery shopping today. Making my list makes me so happy. If I can actually get home with all the things I need I feel like I've accomplished a monumental task. It's the Panama Canal - the Great Wall - the Mount Rushmore of my little housekeeping existence.
  8. I'm not teaching any classes this week. Every once in awhile that happens. Not on purpose - because I usually schedule at least one a week. It's good timing though... it's nice to be able to relax a bit this week.
  9. Tomorrow there will be a princess, a hippie and Spiderman at my house.
  10. See what I made? Taught this class a couple weeks ago and am so happy to have my little Boo Banner on display... it makes me smile.
Happy Tuesday, friends. Smooches!

Comments

  1. Where did you get the listography book? Did you actually get it on Amazon or did you find it locally? Cyndi loves making lists. Sometimes she makes lists of lists to make. I would love to get that for her for Christmas.

    Nice ten by the way. Asia...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen,

    I got it off Amazon. It takes me about half a second to fill my shopping cart up to $25 - and then I qualify for free shipping...

    I think it would be a great gift for Cyndi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....your open heart makes me want to do more, give more of myself...thanks for the reminder***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your banner is ADORABLE- makes me want to grab paper and make one right now! Sarah and I sat down and made that chain that Suzanne and Claire had made- I'm such a copycat!

    And ditto on the God answers prayer part :) I love to hear how He is working in your life, Cathy :)
    Happy Hallowe'en :)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the Halloween pics! I love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An idea to teach the kids about giving: Have them go through their toys and stuff and decide on a bunch of their things that they would like to give to other children their age that do not have much. This way, they learn sharing and giving of things that they once loved. Bonus: It also helps reduce the stockpile of items in the household. Often times, the "old" toys are in good shape and have been tossed aside, but they can be "new" toys for others. Friends of mine make this a family tradition with their children.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m