- I've been feeling lots of nervous, expectant energy lately. Like, "What's next?" It's kept me awake several nights, but other than that, it's okay. It makes me do things. I've been very productive. And I find myself feeling really empowered... like "I hosted and African child in my home - what else can I do?"
- I want to take pictures lately. But I already took lots of pictures of the snow. I want the snow to melt and the grass to turn green and flowers to start blooming. However, regardless of my needs, the snow isn't going anywhere. It's freaking 9 degrees outside.
- Kyler has been sick for three days. His fever last night was 103.3. It's so much easier to have a 13 year old with a fever than it was say, 10 years ago. All my kids had febrile seizures, so fevers were scary when they were little. Now he just lays on the couch and feels the need to remind me every ten minutes how sick he is. I think he thinks I think he's faking and that I might send him to school any minute.
- Two nights ago when Asia was tucking the kids into bed, Tejan said "Uncle Asia, if I go to sleep and sleep for a long, long time, then I won't have to go."
- It takes the dryer a lot longer to dry my clothes when the basement is 50 degrees. Brrr.
- I made scones yesterday. And then I ate three of those buttery bad boys. Yikes.
- Why do all of Tejan's school friends feel the need to give him their most annoying, noise producing electronic toys? Why? Why? Why?
- I love my dog. I want the weather to warm up so we can start our daily walks again. Her little toes would freeze out there. And her nearly-hairless belly - forgetaboutit. We'll wait until it's at least 32 before we brave the weather. But I miss walking her. And walking would probably help with the scones that have taken up residence on my midsection.
Have a lovely Thursday, friends.
I'm off to make school lunches.