Skip to main content

Wednesday Ten because Tuesday came and went before I realized it...

  1. I drove back to the west side over the weekend... I had a work-related event to attend and I had to pick up the kids from my parents. It was a great weekend. I attended classes all day on Sunday with my boss - making lots of fun projects and getting to play with all kinds of new products. My folks were kind enough to drive the kids up to Vancouver (WA) on Monday so we could leave from there instead of going all the way to Astoria to get them.
  2. My favorite new stuff? Cosmo Crickets Mr. Campy and Haunted lines. Oh dear. I simply must have it all... We made the cutest little mini album with Mr. Campy...
  3. It's so good to have the kids home. As much as a quiet, empty house sounds lovely, it's pretty boring. I missed them more than I imagined I would and am so glad to have them home.
  4. Grandma and Grandpa spoiled them fully while they were there, taking them to museums and out for hamburgers and to two different bakeries and to Starbucks and buying them new school clothes and going camping in the RV overnight... the kids had a blast. And I'm sure my parents are in recovery mode this week after a very full and noisy and busy week last week. I'm so thankful for the week's worth of memories stored up in the kids' minds... that's what childhood is for, eh? Good stuff.
  5. School starts two weeks from yesterday. Summer went WAY too fast this year. I'm really hoping to fill up the next 13 days with lots of fun activities and rest and relaxation and drinking in my kids... I can't seem to get enough of them these days.
  6. My friend Suzanne turned me on to this artist... I'm fascinated and intrigued and want to move to London so I can find one of these teeny tiny vignettes...
  7. It was 110 degrees as I drove through the Columbia River Gorge on Saturday... today it's cool and rainy. Talk about extremes. The kids and I got to watch a fantastic four hour long thunderstorm on our drive home Monday. At one point we were racing and dodging dozens of tumbleweeds rolling down the freeway, being blown by the wind almost as fast as we were. So cool. I love interesting weather and the change of seasons.
  8. Making me happy right now? My two oldest kids sleeping in while Ethan lies on the floor next to me setting up his army men in an elaborate battle. Love how this kid can play alone for hours like that. He's always done that. The other two never did - they always wanted a playmate - but E. can entertain himself with a bucket of 'guys' and be happy for the longest time. And he's quiet... whispering little shooting sounds and 'Ughhhhhhh' as soldiers meet their demise... it's a sweet remnant of little boy-ness that I'm holding tight to as my kids seem to be outgrowing childhood and moving on to young-adulthood. I love who they're becoming, but I sense the need to cherish my little guy more than ever... because before I know it, the army men will be put away and he'll be leaving the house as often as the older two and I'll find myself wondering what happened to my babies...
  9. On my nightstand right now? This and this and this. Am I the only weirdo who reads several books at once?
  10. Happy Wednesday, friends. Smooches!

Comments

  1. I too read several books at once, you'll have to tell me what you think of the Merton. I could have written #8, I'm holding on oh so tightly to the last signs of childhood.
    I'm glad they had a fun week and that now they are home, summers are so fun. Ours is over, school started today.
    I too love those lines, I want to make a book to take camping with the Mr. Campy, but can't decide how to "weather-proof" it. Thoughts or suggestions on that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always reading at least 2-3 books at once! I can't help myself.
    I have been hearing so many people say it, and I've been saying it myself - this summer did go by way to fast!!
    Love that little people blog. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read