Skip to main content

Ten. On my mind...

  1. I'm working on a class project that just isn't coming together. And my students are all over my back because they want to see it. Sometimes it's so hard to be creative on demand. Or force a project to work. Or find a way to make the class description or the vision I had for a class actually come to fruition... it's one of the only hard parts about my job. I'm not complaining, because I love my job. But I hate it when this happens.
  2. I'm struggling with post-Africa issues... this winter is such a hard one and I feel like as soon as I got back I had to jump into the holidays and snow, snow, snow. Thinking back on my trip feels almost dream-like. I even have a few things I haven't looked at since I took them out of my suitcase... it's probably time to do that. Hard to believe I was actually there. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me.
  3. Add that to the fact that my 40th birthday is just around the bend, and I've been in a bit of a funk. Not because I don't want to turn 40. I welcome that... it's more about the actual day. I really like birthdays. And I want them to feel special. And a 40th birthday is especially special, I think. So it should be an especially special day. And I just know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Or something. See? I'm a mess.
  4. And then there's the future. What in the world am I going to be when I grow up?
  5. Really loving my kids a lot lately. They're such great little people. Right now I find myself especially amazed by Kyler and how fun and happy he is... he's got so much going for him. It's just so cool to be a parent and witness the transformation from baby to toddler to school kid to teenager, isn't it?
  6. We had dinner with some old friends last night and talked about kids and life and church and love and Africa and kitchens and work and the future... good stuff. We're blessed.
  7. Interesting that we've been in Spokane 10 years and now have friends here that we can call old friends... people we met early on here... when we first moved here I longed for the day when we would feel that connection with people that only comes with time...
  8. There are too many books in the world. Every time I go to the library, I check out a stack and then only have time to read one. So I send all the others back to the library unread. But I really wanted to read them all. I need a whole month where I can just sit and read. And I'm only talking about the non-fiction I want to read... who has time for fiction? You should see my Amazon wish list... and my nightstand, and my paperback swap requests... it's crazy.
  9. Time for my shower... so much to do today.
  10. Happy Tuesday, friends.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read