Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I just have to share...

You know those expensive little packets of dried onion soup mix that are such a great addition to so many recipes?

Here.

You can now make your own!

Homemade Onion Soup Mix

Ingredients:

3/4 cup dried minced onion
1/3 cup beef bouillon (powdered)
4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed celery seed
1/4 tsp sugar

Directions:

Mix ingredients together then store in an airtight container.
Use 2 TBS per 1 cup boiling water.

Recipe makes approximately 1 cup dried onion soup mix.
5 Tablespoons is equivalent to 1 package store bought mix.

I'm so ALL over this.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:36 PM

    That is such a great tip. Some people are coming out way and I had french onion soup on my wishlist. Now I can make it myself. Awesome!!
    Leana

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum. I recently found a recipe to make your own condensed cream of chicken soup, without all the additives and sodium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe...
    I use that soup all the time.
    I shall make up a batch !!

    Where's Katy's cream of chicken recipe???

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people talk back...