Skip to main content

Five 'cause it's late...

  1. Wow. Where has the time gone? Sorry... I thought I'd gotten back on the bandwagon with blogging and then I sort of fell off the face of the earth again.
  2. Two and a half more days of school for the kids.
  3. Kyler has finals tomorrow and Thursday... hope he's all studied up. He's really applied himself these past couple of months - after struggling to find his groove in high school. School has always come really easily to him - and having to actually study and work for his grades sort of caught him off guard, I'm afraid. But he's managing really well now. I'm proud to see this maturing process in him. He's such a great kid.
  4. Looking ahead to next year, I'll have Kyler in 10th grade, Savannah in 8th and Ethan in 5th... Kyler is taking honors classes again, along with his first AP class. Savannah will be in an accelerated math (9th grade level) class as well as a 9th grade level Spanish class and a special science program called MESA - which is designed to make math, engineering and science interesting and appealing to minorities and females... she's very excited about it, since they take lots of field trips and do special, fun projects.
  5. I've added another Weight Watchers meeting to my schedule... I had gone back to five after my last At Work meeting didn't renew, but now I've got another At Work so I'm back up to six... It's a great schedule. I can't believe how fortunate I am to have had jobs I love so much for the past 7 years... I am so blessed - especially because I've never really wanted to work - how many people are able to find jobs that don't feel like work? I've totally got that with Weight Watchers.

Happy Tuesday, friends.

Comments

  1. I've found that Weight Watachers is more about relationships than work. That is why I love it so much. It is all about the members!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read