One a day.
No schedule or plan... I want to be spontaneous if I can, but also know having a list of ideas will help...
So here are some of my ideas:
- Go antiquing on Monroe street
- Swim in the ocean
- Go to water aerobics class with some of the sweet little old ladies from my Wednesday WW meeting
- Cook salmon on the grill
- Take the kids to Donut Parade
- Go to Lake Coeur D'Alene for the day
- Pick peaches at Green Bluff
- Design an "Amazing Race" style scavenger hunt for the family while we're in Manzanita
- Go to the sand dollar beach at Ft. Stevens
- Have a dance party with the kids
- Make some really good coleslaw and eat it on the back deck
- Do a milkshake tasting event with the kids, similar to our Cheeseburgerpalooza
- Play tennis with Asia at the little city park in Manzanita
- Take a sunrise bike ride
- Go to Turnbull Wildlife Preserve at dusk or dawn
- Build a dam
- Play the piano
- Go to Hilyard and check out the antique stores
- Have coffee (and maybe a teeny-tiny pastry) at Petit Chat Village Bakery
- Go hiking on Mt. Spokane
- Give away $20
- Buy yarn to make a granny square afghan
- Make a granny square afghan
- Design cards for a fall card class in my home
- Hike in the Dishman Hills
- Take the kids to the river
- Paint one or two of the four little tables I've bought at garage sales (planning to paint and resell them...)
- Ride the electric scooters at Riverfront Park
- Go to Moore Turner Heritage Garden for a picnic
- Take the kids out for a end of summer photo shoot
- Go for a drive through parts of Spokane I've never been to
So there's a good working list... I may or may not do all of them... like I said, I want to be spontaneous too, so if something presents itself, I can respond.
Part of my goal in August is to step out of my comfort zone just a bit... be willing to get a little dirty... so while this is a good list, most of it isn't really very stretching...
So I'll be on the lookout for fun things that I would normally say no to... and more eager to respond to some of the kids crazy suggestions that I would normally blow off because I've become old and boring.
So off we go! A whole month of fun!
Bring it on, August!