Skip to main content

Monday Musings

Tuesday Tens just aren't happening lately. I've added a second Tuesday meeting and Kyler is back to leaving by 6:30 for morning runs... somehow those two things eat up my typical blogging times and I can't ever seem to get a Tuesday post in. So I think Monday will be the day from now on for my random, numbered posts...
  1. I just signed up for my first 5K race. I'm excited to be participating in the Eastern Washington Race for the Cure on April 17th. I've been training and have run several 5K training runs already... with my best time so far being 34:02. I'm loving running with my Nike Plus shoes and ipod... it tracks all my distances and times and personal bests. So fun!
  2. Work has been insane... Weight Watchers has been overwhelmed with the response to our new Points Plus program. My meetings are bigger than ever. I love being able to introduce so many people to this healthy way of life. It's such a privilege to walk alongside people as they make the necessary changes for healthy weight loss and maintenance. I LOVE my job!
  3. I've got some schedule changes coming up with work, which will include taking on two Saturday morning meetings. Excited for the challenge of working these - they're back-to-back meetings that are typically large, high-energy meetings.
  4. Yes - Saturday morning meetings. Which will mean no early morning garage sales for me on Saturdays. I've consoled myself with the fact that I can still garage sale on Fridays and that I'll be done working by 10:00 - so I can still hit some sales late in the morning.
  5. Ethan is a busy little boy these days, with wrestling practice starting up this week, variety show rehearsals every Thursday morning, Math is Cool competition practice on Friday mornings and school chorus rehearsals starting soon. Why does everything he likes to do fall into the same two month period? Good thing it's a quiet time for the other two kids... it's great to only have one kid super busy at once!
  6. Savannah registers for her high school courses next week. She gets to take an accelerated 2nd/3rd year Spanish course her freshman year because she's been taking Spanish 1 this year... it'll be so cool for her to be able to finish 4 years of language by the end of her sophomore year. She LOVES Spanish and is saying right now that she wants to major in it in college and be a high school Spanish teacher.
  7. Can I just say that I can't believe I'm going to have two high schoolers next year?
  8. Things are going well for our plans for our trip. We will apply for the kids' passports on Friday and have a team of 11 people total taking the trip. The next big step will be buying our plane tickets - which should happen in the next month or so. We've had some people donate airline miles, which hopefully will help cut down on the biggest expense of the trip.
  9. Asia took me to the Davenport Hotel overnight last weekend for my birthday. Part of our package deal included $100 worth of dining credit in any of the hotel eateries. We had dinner Friday night in one of the restaurants, but because we're typically pretty frugal eater-outers, we had loads of money left on our credit after our dinner. What else could we do, but order $66 worth of room service for breakfast? Can you believe that? It was insane for this coupon-cutting frugal chick. Insane, but really fun, and a huge treat.
  10. No, I haven't forgotten about Creativity Monday. Watch for that post later!
Happy Monday, friends! Smooch you all...

Comments

  1. Love hearing about your kids. And Ethan is a live wire. Especially after hitting the big "1-oh".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read