Skip to main content

Monday Musings

  • I think this is officially my favorite time of year... cooler nights but still hot days, sharpened pencils all ready for school, pulling cardigans out of the closet... ah, fall, you have my heart... that first school bus sighting always makes my heart go pitter-patter...
  • Vegan-ism, I find, illicits strong reactions from people. It's interesting how confounding it is to others... people ask me all the time "What do you eat?" It's so fun to list off my healthy list... fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds... SO many yummy choices on that list. Last night I had fresh corn cut off the cob with avocado and sweet peppers for dinner along with sourdough bread and homemade pesto. Believe me, I'm not deprived. That plate full of color and flavor made me SO happy. And I feel SO much better ALL.THE.TIME.
  • I saw a dandelion in our new front yard the other day. AGH!  Crazy how much that one yellow flower disturbed me when compared to the plot full of weeds we sported just a few weeks ago.
  • Kyler has his senior portrait session scheduled. What is this craziness? He was just starting kindergarten a few days ago...
  • I'm considering running not one, but two half marathons next year. I've had friends specifically ask me to join them at two different races - one in May and one in October. Hard to say no to that...
  • I've got new glasses on order... love getting some new specs... pictures forthcoming...
  • Thinking a lot lately about connections... those threads that bind us to others... my inborn resistance to them as a form of introverted-self-preservation and the blessing of allowing myself to be stretched in that way. It's an ongoing process for me as I allow myself to be open to relationships. My natural tendency is to close myself off... and yet I find great reward in being unbarred and accessible... probably need to do a whole post on this one...
  • Excited about a quiet house next week... I'm beginning to ponder some projects and look forward to tackling some schtuff... bring on the playlists and the productivity. Routine is always good for accomplishing things... the loosey-goosey days of summer are winding down.
  • Asia and I have been working together as mentors for a couch to 5K running program with our friends who own Fleet Feet Sports here in town. It's been fun to use our cheerleader/encourager skills while getting some exercise... it's a great fit for us. We'll be running the culminating 5K race at the end of September and can't wait to cross the finish line with a group of people who never imagined they could accomplish such a thing...
  • Time to start the day... woke up this morning thinking for just a second that today was Labor Day and I'd have the day off... back to reality... Happy Monday, friends.

Comments

  1. I wanna join your running club!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "cousin-in-law" is doing NoBo! I think Erica is her mentor. (She's her SIL.)

    And please do that whole post on that one. You described me to a T.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read