Skip to main content

Empty brain syndrome

To be completely honest with you, sometimes I sit down with my laptop to write and my brain is utterly void of interesting thoughts. I'd venture to say I've been sitting here for 5 full minutes trying to think of something to post.

I seem to do well with lists though, so maybe I'll just start one and see what happens...
  • I have four stars on my calendar, which means I've done my workout every day since I got it. Good for me!
  • K. broke my piano bench yesterday - he was break dancing in the living room, knocked it over and it hit the pedals, splintering the top layer of wood on the seat. I'm pretty ticked about it. It's a very old piano and there's really no way to fix it. All I can hope it that he's the one who gets splinters in his butt when he sits down to practice and that S. and I are spared from that fate.
  • We are in the beginning stages of planning a remodel in our kitchen. We had our first meeting with our contractor yesterday. I'm excited about having an all new kitchen, but dread the idea of living through the work and sick to my stomach about how much $$$ it's going to cost.
  • Night number two with the new bear went very well. I noticed this morning that E. had left him on the bathroom floor after his morning pee - a good sign, since I always used to find Lovey in that same spot.
  • I really like my living room. It's warm and cozy and full of non-hand-me-down furniture. I feel very grown up about that. It's also the only room in the house that pretty much always stays clean, as long as I dust a couple of times a week.
  • I really like that with my new laptop, I can blog in said living room. My comfy chair, a cupajoe and my big front window make the perfect setting...
  • 11 days and counting until school starts. Yes, I'm counting. It's pretty bleak around here. When the kids whine that they're bored, all I can respond with is "I'm bored too." I'm plum out of clever ideas to keep them occupied. School is a good thing.

There - look at that - I made a nice little list and created a whole entry out of my empty brain.

It's sort of strange that I feel this obligation to have something here for those of you who stop by - but even stranger that you stop by to read it. I love that you do though...

Off to start my day. Good Friday!

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:03 PM

    I'm always bummed when I bring up your blog and there is nothing new on it. :(
    I just feel like I had a chat with you when I get done reading your thoughts...
    Love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Hi Cathy,
    You don´t know me but I am a friend of Corey´s and she reccomended your blog for a good read. I have to say I really enjoy it. The way you write is so fun. I would like to think we would have been friends if we had met. Not so easy as now I live in Argentina. But maybe one day. Thanks for letting me stop by.
    Leana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Leana! I'm so happy to have you stop by - any friend of Corey's is a friend of mine (well, except the really weird ones, but I'm sure you're not one of those!) =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read