Skip to main content

Off he goes...

I'm putting this handsome young man on a plane today.

All by himself.

It's only an hour flight.

He's ten years old, and has told me NUMEROUS times "I can handle it, Mom."

But he's just a baby...

Take good care of him, Steve and Lorraine.

Don't let him sit in front of a screen the whole time.

He is used to a snack at 10:00 and 3:00.

If he gets a headache, he can take one ibuprofin.

He's really really funny - but if you let him know it, he'll repeat whatever he did to make you laugh eight thousand times.

You've been warned.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Do I detect some apprehension, Mom ?
    It's a scary world out there when they begin to stretch their wings isn't it ...
    Don't worry our prayers will travel with him :)
    Love you
    G'ma (Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that today he was coming or tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, he'd darn well better be at your house as we speak! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...