Skip to main content

Ciao?

Sunday morning. I'm up early again. I don't understand what's happening to my body lately - it seems to want to get up between 4:30 and 5:00 most days. I can't stand to lie in bed, hoping to get back to sleep, so I usually just get up and putter. It's great for providing time to read my bible and pray without any interruptions, so I'm not going to complain... perhaps God is just nudging me along that way.

Church day. I'm actually excited about church today. We're trying one that we tried years ago when we first moved to Spokane... at that point it was so brand new, they had no children's programs (like no Sunday School) and our kids were so little (K. - 4 and S. - 2) - having them try to sit through the service just didn't work for us. The pastors wife taught my water aerobics class and I really liked her, but we knew it wasn't the church for us at the time.

So today we'll try it again. Asia ran into an old friend from the ex-church last week and found out they've been going there - so that helps add to my excitement - I'll get to see someone I love and miss at church this morning. The church website is fabulous - I listened to a sermon this week by their pastor - good stuff. I have high hopes. Especially because they do not seem to be a program driven church... I'll post later and tell you whether my hopes were dashed.

The first week of school went famously. E. is so in love with kindergarten he never wants to go home with me at the end of the day. I really wish they had all day kindergarten as an option - he is SO ready for that. As it is, he's got to put up with me in the afternoons (which is fine with me because he's such a great kid - I LOVE hanging with him.) K. and S. love their new teachers - there is a treasure box in S.'s classroom - need I say more? I love to watch the three of them walking away down the sidewalk each morning - my three k.i.d.s. I still cannot get used to the idea that they are all kids now - no more babies... where does the time go?

Oh, I know where it goes. Right to my waistline. But that's not something you want to hear about, is it? Suffice it to say I'm noticing some sort of midlife spread happening. It doesn't seem to matter what I do.

Moving on...

I've been enjoying a newfound desire to connect with people - actually embracing and pursuing others instead of wanting to hermit myself deep within my comfy house... I'm going with it. I'm still deathly afraid of the phone, so don't get your hopes up that I'll be calling - but I'm working on that too. I'm hoping to connect with someone at least one day a week - either for coffee or over the phone (yikes!) or something... I know I need to grow in this area. I've been told over the years that I come off as hard to read and self-important... that hurts my heart because it's all a function of being shy... it's never my intent to send the message that I don't think others are important - and yet I think I do. Yucky heart of mine - being so fearful that I choose to not reach out... God's got my number on this one though and we'll be working through it - funny how there's always something else to work on... makes me long for heaven, where none of this will be an issue.

Busy busy busy creating - it's the time of year for me where I'm coming up with class samples and designing lots and lots of projects. I love the way it stimulates my brain and pushes me... all good.

I'm feeling like I could just spend the whole morning right here - typing this strange run on sentence for everyone. I think I may have been a little scattered here - sorry if it's a bit much. It's early for my brain to be functioning. I'd better go before it gets too long or "stream of consciousness-y" and I reveal some kind of deep dark secret from my inner psyche... I don't want to freak you all out. (And I don't really want to know what's in there, to tell you the truth...)

I just heard the paper hit the front porch - good - I can read it now instead.
Ciao!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Good luck with the connecting thing. I need to work on doing that too. I tend to spend days on end at home, never leaving and never venturing out. I have friends, but it is just so much easier to be alone in my house. I get what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:46 PM

    Interesting ! God has been nudging several of us gals lately to try to connect to friends on a more personal level this year. A women encouraging women type of thing. God has laid on each of our hearts that we have all been holing up in our own little worlds and not reaching out to others. Do I see a theme here ? Certainly something to pray about.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goody! I'll be waiting for that phone call. Actually, I'd prefer the coffee. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m