Skip to main content

The Friday List

Here we go:

  • My calendar is filling up quickly, even with the lack of "church related" busy-ness I usually tackle each fall. Between piano lessons, classes, soccer games, school schtuff and remodeling related appointments, there's a heckuva lot happening over the next few months. I don't mind it though after the tedious same-ness of summer days.
  • K. is going to play trombone in the school band. Hmm, a loud brass instrument in the house - what a great idea! At least it's not a stringed instrument - there's nothing worse than listening to beginning strings, in my opinion.
  • I got a round trip ticket to Portland to go visit one of my best friends in the whole world next month. Get this - it only cost me $23 each way... if you don't fly Southwest, you really should. And you should go to Southwest Airlines and download the "Ding" - because that's the only way you'll find out about smokin' deals like I just got. I also was able to buy tickets for my parents' visit next month, saving them roughly 16 hours in the car and who knows how much gas money...
  • The above mentioned friend finally left me a comment - BIG WAVE to Brooke!!! Love ya, Missy!
  • I am in the process of growing out my hair. Why? I have no idea. I have no goal in mind, and I already hate how flat it looks on top of my head and that the teeniest tiniest bit of roots show when there's no volume at the top of my head (not to mention the grey...) I'm sure I'll last only until my next haircut and then I'll let the amazing Christie (my hairdresser) whack it off. This is a pattern for me... I've repeated it untold times in my adult life.
  • I had two baking distasters this week. One was a loaf of my famous banana bread. Note to self: if you run out of flour, go to the store and buy more. Do not, under any circumstances, decide to substitute wheat germ for flour. (Where the heck did I get wheat germ and how freakin' long has it been in my fridge?)
  • The favorable church experience on Sunday has given me lots of warm fuzzies this week. I've been listening to sermons online from the summer - from the book of James... such good stuff. One of the things I love about this pastor is his relaxed attitude. He just sits on a stool and talks. No three point outline. No ridicuous alliteration. Just a look at the bible and encouragement to live it out in the daily grind. Mmmm. It's so good for my heart right now. You can check it out at New Community Church. Listen to a sermon if you have time.
  • I am head over heels in love with the latest class project I'm working on. It's a gratitude album - an interactive thingy for people to write out specific things they're thankful for. The book has little envelopes where the lists go and it's all chunky and fat - made out of corrugated cardboard with paint and handstamped titles and tons of ribbons. It's turning out exactly as I envisioned it, which doesn't always happen. I can't wait to put the sample up in the store... I love the idea that people can sit around and write their lists while they wait for Thanksgiving dinner to cook and help create a lasting memento from Thanksgiving 2005... I'll post some pictures when I'm done, maybe. (If you're lucky...)
  • Ceramic or laminate? Ceramic or laminate? Ceramic or laminate? That is the question I ask myself a million times a day.
  • My car desperately needs to be washed.
  • Survivor started last night. I have watched every episode of every season of this silly show. Last night was similar to other first episodes... I never really get totally sucked in until about the third or fourth show. There are just too many people at first and I can't begin to recall their names. Asia, on the other hand refers to each of them by name after only seeing the opening credits where they show each person and their name appears on the screen for approximately 1.5 seconds. Annoying, good-name-rememberer... hate that about him. (Okay, not really, actually I'm really jealous of him...I can never remember anyone's name and it's terribly embarrassing.)
  • I haven't stopped thinking about the delicious muffin I had at Lindamans on the first day of school. I need to go back and buy another one. The same thing happened to me the first time I had Twigs' Chicken and Brie sandwich...

Amazing, isn't it, how I can pull together a whole post about absolutely nothing?

Hooray for bullet points.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Loving the bullet points! And your list is a great peek into your life, so I enjoyed reading each and every word you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly - you're becoming my new best friend... That was so sweet. Thanks.

    And a quick note to the other Kelly who posts here: what the heck is up with my overabundance of friends named Kelly? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:49 PM

    Can I change our coffee date to a chicken and brie date?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, loving your talk about nothing! I do that A LOT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read