Skip to main content

Up and at 'em!

Wow, I'm moving SO slowly this morning. I was woken up around 3:30 and it must have taken me an hour or more to get back to sleep... I was determined not to get up though. I've got too much to do today and I really didn't want to start the day at 3:30. So I laid there, remodeling decisions and ideas running rampant through my head. Ugh already.

I wish we could get started with the kitchen and then just be done. I hate choosing floors and counters and cabinets and deciding what to keep and what to replace. I'm trying to honor Asia's frugality and get by with our current stuff (stove, island etc.), but I really would love to replace them. We compromised yesterday though, and I think he's happy with his end of the bargain. I still really wish I could get double ovens, but oh well.

(I can already tell this is going to be a rambly post - bear with me. Or not. If you're as tired as I am, maybe you should just leave now and come back on another day when I'm making coherent sentences.)

I've got a gajillion things to do today. For one - there have been about five baskets of laundry staring me in the butt every time I walk away from them... I can feel them mocking me. I've got to show them who's boss today and fold the clothes therein.

I also have to go downtown and pay for my business license - it's renewal time and of course I waited too long to just put a check in the mail, so now I've got to go down to city hall and pay in person. I'll take E. with me after I pick him up from school and we'll walk across the newly reopened Monroe Street Bridge - a beautiful huge arched bridge that runs over the Spokane Falls... it's been closed for two and a haf years and just reopened this weekend. We were downtown yesterday and he really wanted to walk across it, but that too closely resembled a hike to Asia, so of course, we didn't do it.

After that, we'll go buy K.'s band book - he's gotta take his trombone to school tomorrow and he needs the book - this, a week after I had to go to the same music store for S.'s soprano recorder. I sure wish I could consolidate all these piddly errands.

Tonight I have to teach a mini-class about scrapbooking black and white photos - it's really a non-class - there's nothing to say, since if anything, working with black and whites is easier than working with color photos. I'm just totally going to fake my way through the whole stinkin' half hour and then get the heck outa there so K. and I can go out on our little date.

Alright. The mail came. The only thing I like better than comments on my blog is getting the mail. So I'm going to go get the mail and enjoy the next ten minutes before I have to go get E.

This is the most uninteresting post in blog history.

You can leave now. (If you didn't already.)

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Hi,
    Reading your blog about a kitchen remodel, the mistake we made was remodeling with our old appliances, not the appliances we would get in the future. Hence, two years after the remodel was done, we had ONE fridge we could buy to replace our old fridge. Nothing else would fit. Ditto for the stove....So, remodel for your dream stove that you might get in the near future not the one on its last leg.

    My 2 cents.

    HMBalison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are loving church. I have been praying that you would find a place to plug in. I am going through some greiving that the Lord didn't want us together, but I think part of His plan in this was to take us out of our comfort zone by separating us from those who make us feel comfortable.

    Anyway, it seems like after a wild day like Sunday you should be able to talk Asia into a double oven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I left before finishing your post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m