Skip to main content

All is well.

Bullet lists are one of my favorite things...
  • Somehow, through some miraculous occurance, my body is settling into a rhythm... The last two nights of getting up with the dog haven't been any easier, but I'm falling asleep much more quickly when I crawl back into bed and I'm waking up in the morning refreshed. I'm not going to try to figure it out. I'm just going with it.
  • Gracie is growing before my very eyes. I was only gone three days over the weekend, but I swear she's an inch taller. Every time I look at her it's like she's bigger. She struggles now to fit on my lap and I've had to loosen her collar twice already. Unbelievable. Strange to think that in a few months there will be a dog where there used to be a puppy. She is so sweet - full of kisses and love for the whole family. There is simply nothing cuter on the face of the earth than her little short tail wagging back and forth a million times a minute. I can hardly remember life without her little wrinkly face.
  • K. has decided to grow his hair out. It's all I can do to not sneak into his room at night and prune the bush that is growing atop his head. It's a fright. The kid has really thick hair and while it's not curly, it's got a ton of texture and body. Which, when allowed to get longer, tends to look like a bear coat. Granted, E. has the title of worst hair in the family, but K. runs a close second with this new coiffure. I'm trying really hard to be a good Mom and not make a big deal about hair - after all, ya gotta pick your battles, right?
  • The very expensive dog food = much fewer dog farts. That's a very good thing.
  • While on my little weekend getaway I bought a new "Oregon" sweatshirt. I only attended U of O for one year, but still consider myself a Duck. The sweatshirt I had was one I bought in 1987. I still wore it fairly regularly until some guy came up to me at Costco awhile back and said "I used to have a sweatshirt like that..." Geez - it was at least 17 years old at that point - what the heck was I doing wearing something like that out in public? And the clincher is - it was one of those cool 80's statements where the whole thing was made inside-out. You know, where the fuzzy side of the sweatshirt is on the outside? Dang - obviously I was in some sort of fashion time warp denial. Freaky. Now I have a very fresh, new hoodie that is decidedly more modern and hip. It's even brown instead of green - with really current wheat colored letters. Sad thing is, I still can't bring myself to throw away the other one - although I will never wear it out of the house again. I promise.
  • I've been thinking a lot about the post I wrote before I left last week - about my phonophobia and how much easier it is for me to connect to people through my blog than it is in real life. I was blown away by the comments you all had and how prevalent a feeling this is for us. I'm hoping to post more on that soon... I LOVE the dialogue we had going.

Thanks for coming.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for commenting.

Loves to you all.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:46 PM

    Well now. Where to begin. I love bullet points too. They make me so happy. Why is that? Laughing right out loud about the old sweatshirt. That's a good one. Shoot, if you love it that much, don't ever get rid of it. I'm glad that you are feeling more rested. The girlfriend weekend must have done the trick. YAY. And, as to not be a comment hog, I will end by saying that I'm glad you are enjoying Gracie as a puppy. You are right, she will be big in no time at all. Take lots and lots of pictures now because by next year, she will be a big dog forevermore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:49 PM

    Me again... forgot to comment on the hair. Yep, you have to pick your battles. That was one I chose to skip. But, we do use the hair as incentive. Last year, John copped an attitude towards the end of the school year. He was warned once that if he didn't straighten up, off went the hair. He didn't believe us and didn't shape off. Off went the hair. He has NEVER copped an attitude since. For some reason, the longer hair makes them feel more grown up and with John, it must have made him feel like he could push the limits. Nope! That's not how it works. These days, I love his long hair, but it took me almost a year to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read