Skip to main content

Home

After a whirlwind weekend of shopping and eating and staying up late and shopping and stopping at Starbucks three times a day, I'm home.

I have loads of pictures to share, but I'm too lazy to load them up right now. Of course, after two nights of Gracie duty all alone, Asia was totally ready for me to take over the night shift last night. I got two glorious, solid 8 hour nights of sleep in Portland, which I saw wholly as "tanking up" on sleep for more nights with the dog. It was a wonderful but brief respite, as I probably only scored 4 hours of solid rest last night... sigh. Back to the real world.

My girlfriend Brooke is one of those completely low maintenance friends that I LOVE to spend time with. Our friendship comes so easily. There are no demands, just laughter and understanding and common interests. I appreciate so much that even seven years after we moved away, she and I maintain the same commitment and loyalty to our relationship. She is a treasure. Our weekend together was one of many such retreats over the years - a conscious effort to nuture our association with one another and not allow distance to weaken the bond between us. It sounds kind of schmaltzy, but I've seen too many friendships fade over time and distance. I value a friend whose determination to push forward and force our friendship to continue to bloom and grow equals my own.

Busy week ahead... we're having the trainer come out to work with Gracie (to teach her about our new Invisible Fence), the car has to go back to the shop, I'm teaching two classes today, the cabinets have to be ordered for the kitchen and my parents fly into town on Friday for a weekend full of activities. All that and a dog. Fortunately, my days still look blank-ish on the calendar, so I should have time to get my pictures posted before too long. Brooke and I found some adorable mini-tins in a beautiful pink floral pattern and are challenging each other to complete a mini book in the tin of all our pictures and memoribilia from the weekend. I can't wait to get started. I LOVE when I'm totally inspired and excited about a project.

Okay - I'd better go get some laundry started and get ready for class. I've got nineteen students today - I think it's a record for me. Here's hopin' I can stay awake!

And hey - I see those of you who visited over the weekend, looking for updates when you knew I wasn't going to be here... you totally made my day. Thanks.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:45 PM

    You had to teach today? Wow! You have a lot of stamina. It would take me a week to recover from a girlfriend trip. The puppy and laundry alone would wear me out once I returned home. I'll bet Gracie was as happy to see you as the kids. Did she moan? The first time Buddy moaned was when I returned from a trip. That was the start of our moaning nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - we did have a glorious time... so refreshing and wondrous.

    We aren't really hiring the trainer per se... she comes as part of the package deal we get with our invisible fence. She has to teach Gracie not to try to cross the invisible line that will send the little "corrective stimuli" into her system... yipes!
    I will be taking her to obedience training - she is the first dog I've ever owned in my life and I need to learn as much as she does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly E. -

    Gracie flipped out when I got out of the car. Having only owned cats before, I was blown away by her unrestrained show of affection. She licked and licked and licked. It was such a pleasant surprise, since I wasn't even sure if she'd remember me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:03 PM

    Cathy, those are such kind words. Thank you! I do too love our NO maintance friendship. You are a gem. I had a fabulous time this weekend. I love you!
    Laugh Often!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read