Skip to main content

Hump Day

Wednesday is usually a pretty quiet day around here... I don't schedule classes, the kids are free from sport or piano activities and there are no evening activities as a rule. It's a gloriously sunny day here and I'm reveling in a decent nights' sleep.

I should apologize for my mood yesterday. I really don't function well on little sleep - and I'm getting roughly 4 hours on average. It's not just that I have to get up for the dog - it's that I have a really hard time getting back to sleep once I'm up. Last night was much better. I actually set my alarm to wake up a little before Gracie has typically started whining. By beating her to it, I was able to get her outside to pee and back to bed before she really knew what hit her. It worked well last night so I have high hopes. I actually feel refreshed today.

I went to Costco this morning to check out some marble tile my contractor had seen there... we were looking for countertop material for either side of my stove - I knew I wanted something heat resistant there instead of the laminate we're putting on the other counters. It was beautiful tile - I bought enough to do the project, then drove across the street to Lowe's and looked at laminate samples for the other counter spaces. I think I've found the one I want. It felt really great to make my first purchase for the remodel... like it is actually going to happen.

I was a little early to pick E. up from school, and I happened to be driving by our little Farmer's Market, so I stopped. I was able to pick up some fresh carrots, some raspberries and a gorgeous bouquet full of dahlias and sunflowers. It made me so happy to wander through the aisles and enjoy the colors of the pumpkins, gourds, flowers, corn stalks and other vegetables. I love the feel of a little community market, and taking home produce that's only been out of the ground for a few hours. In another life, I could have been a farmer...

I also stopped at the little fancy dog shop, The Urban Canine. This place is amazing, with designer leashes and collars and high end, gourmet dog food... we're learning that boxers are sensitive eaters, and Gracie has been having some poo-poo problems (diarrhea), and the samples they gave me at this store last week seem to be agreeing with her better than the first food we tried her on. I had to practice my lamaze breathing as I wrote the check for the 13 pound bag so I didn't hyperventilate and pass out. Who knew a pet could drain my account so fast? Yikes. I know, I know. It's probably just the beginning.

E. is watching "Star Wars" right now and I'm getting sleepy - I have 2 hours before the other kids get home, so I'm curling up on the couch to catch a little shut eye... I love napping while an old movie is playing in the background...

Happy Wednesday to you all.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM

    OH MY HECK! I haven't been blogging for three days. This morning, I added blog catch up to my "must do" list and here I am (your blog is among my very favorites). So, I open up the link, and I literally GASPED OUT LOUD. What a fantastic banner. There is cute you! Right on my screen. This has just made my day! I love it. One of these days, we are going to meet in real life and now I feel like I know you just a tiny bit better. I'm loving this blog thing.

    Psst: good deal on the sleep. I know how a body can slowly start to fade when a person doesn't get enough rest. I'm glad you napped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my kellys:

    Thank you so much ladies - you made MY day...

    Kelly E - I'm one of your favorite blogs??? I would also love to meet you someday... Blogging really is so cool.

    Kelly L - I really was feeling peaceful - glad you could feel it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Cathy - could you make your new picture talk to me? I about jumped out of my skin when your life size face greeted me this morning - now all you have to have your face say is"Hi - whatcha doing? Say Cheese!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - Very Freaky
    Too much Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There, I made it a little smaller for you, Steve... I didn't mean to scare you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read