Skip to main content

As requested...

I was asked to post my Gratitude Journal... unfortunately, I'm having trouble uploading images to Blogger today, so I'll have to link you to my 2peas post, and you can go look at it there.

I was inspired by Donna Downey's book, Creative Albums, in which she shows step by step directions for oodles of innovative and unusual projects. I LOVED the texture of her cardboard album and knew I had to create one for myself.

The idea behind this album is for each member of my family to take time on Thanksgiving Day to fill out one of the little slips in each envelope - one for each of the categories: Family, Friends and Blessings. This way, we create a lasting memento of the things we are grateful for in the year 2005. I'll tuck it away with my fall decorations after the holiday and pull it our year after year to have on display.

So, here you have it - The Goins Gratitude Journal, 2005

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Loving the Gratitude Journal idea. I may have to lift that and alter the theme a bit to take with me on my Christmas trip to the PNW. It would be way cool to have my extended family fill out slips of paper. Thanks bunches for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great- I love all the textures and colors and how they come together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...