Skip to main content

Vegas Shmegas...


For those of you who are wondering, Elvis is alive.

He wears a macrame belt and no underwear, but he's alive.

And he's creepy.

Las Vegas was overwhelming and exhausting and exciting.

Did I mention overwhelming?

First of all - let's talk about sensory overload.

Never before in my life have I seen so many lights, smelled so much smoke and wonderful food, observed so much activity, experienced so many things trying to get my attention or been around so many breast implants. What a completely unique place Las Vegas is.

But then, add to that the fact that I was at a HU-FREAKING-MUNGOUS trade show with more scrapbooking supplies than I've ever imagined and you can maybe begin to understand the brain overload I'm trying to recover from this morning. I'm still in my jammies, slowly trying to re-acclimate myself to the blissful peace and quiet of my home.

Second, I have to mention the thrill of the free stuff. I have this weird hoarding mentality - if I see a basket full of free pens, I want to take three. Well, CHA is this mecca of free trinkets and goodies. Candy, pens, wrist bands, rulers, aprons, pins, mints, charms, hats, tools - you name it - if you can fit a company logo on it, it's there. I came home with a bevy of goodies to give the kids and a pocket full of candy wrappers. So fun.

And then there's the supplies. Paper. Stamps. Ribbons. I went absolutely ga-ga over it all. Touching, fondling, feeling faint over design and color and texture. There was SO much to see - and unfortunately, not nearly enough time or money to get everything we wanted for the store. I have some must-have items that we couldn't order that I'm going to have to go looking online for, and some stuff we managed to get that is so fabulous I can hardly wait to see the boxes coming in. Things I'm most excited about? Paper from Basic Grey. Stamps from Limited Edition and Savvy. Books and stickers from 7 Gypsies. It's all TO DIE FOR, folks.

Did I gamble? Yes. Did I win anything? No. Gambling is stupid. Stupid, I tell you. I only lost about $20, but it just chaps my you-know-what to throw money away like that.

I met some great on-line friends in person at the show, had some great laughs with my boss, had dinner with my brother and sister-in-law (who were there at the same time for a furniture trade show) and walked miles and miles and miles. My shoes kept my feet comfy. Now if I could just do something about that nagging backache at the end of each day...

All in all it was a great trip.

And it's great to be home.

My kids all smelled so good and felt so soft and squishy and wonderful last night. And the dog? She was beside herself with excitement over my return. It's good to be loved and have such a wonderful place to come home to. I imagine Asia was happy to see me too, but to be honest, I was too tired to find out how happy...

I've got a crop at the store tonight and a birthday party for K. tomorrow. We always have his party either late or on his half birthday because of his Christmas Eve birthday. Fortunately, I won a "Bootcamp Birthday Party" at an auction from one of the teachers at school - he is a National Guard sergeant and is running the whole party, complete with gas masks and camo paint... it should be an easy party for me. All I have to do is buy some pizza and make a cake.

I'm off to the bathtub... after four days of showers in the hotel, I'm ready for a nice long soak in my own jetted tub.

It's good to be home.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:14 AM

    WELCOME HOME
    Missed your (almost) daily chat.
    Talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:55 AM

    Look at cute you with Elvis! What a fun picture. I'm glad that you were able to experience the extravaganza that is CHA and it sounds like you had a successful trip. If you are anything like me, you "may" be fully recovered in about a week. That's how long it takes me after a trade show in Vegas. Sensory overload is way too exhausting.

    Welcome Home. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read