Skip to main content

Wow, Wednesday already?

I'm not sure how the week can possibly be more than half over. I guess having Monday off threw me for a bit of a loop.

The room-moving project is officially done. We had a guest coming over for dinner last night from the new church, and I was extrememly motivated to get EVERYTHING put away and the kitchen restored to it's full glory before he got here, so I busted a move and got it all done yesterday.

All in all, I'm happy with the end results. My new studio is much smaller, but it's also cozier and more inviting. It's organized and clean, and with so much less space, it's going to have to stay that way, or else I'll be in a world of hurt. I have boxes of stuff to ebay, and I'm just sure I'll be a millionairess when I get it all sold.

Today is also busy, with my class at the school this afternoon and a very tardy design team project to finish.

I've got one kid still home with a fever, and this morning S. was complaining about a sore throat, which is how the rest of us started being overtaken by the bug... so it'll be a bit before we're all healthy still, I think.

Asia is still hobbling. He really did a number on his leg. His internet research leads him to believe it's about a 4 - 6 week recovery period for this injury. It sucks to get old.

I'm off to my studio... lots of do.

Happy day.



Comments

  1. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Cath
    Your room looks great !!
    Love the colors - Look inviting to be in (I remember the way it looked the last time were there :)
    Wish the weather would get nice enough to get mine painted and reorganized. Now you have inspired me.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Your rooms look great! I love the colors. Good job with the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:09 PM

    Look at you with all your new fun rooms! Loving that! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:17 PM

    I love the photo in the last picture to the right. Look at those 2 cute girls.:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read