Skip to main content

Wednesday

Who decided to spell Wed-nes-day that way anyway??? I believe it should be Wendsday, don't you all?

I'm feeling better this morning... my mid afternoon funk nearly took me over, but then I remembered I had the ingredients to make a new muffin recipe, so I pulled my sorry butt off the couch and started baking. The family went ga-ga over having my delicious muffins with cereal for dinner, and S. told me they were the best muffins in the world, which did wonders for my mood. They were really good - and healthy too, which is always good.

Then, I came to check my email this morning and saw a comment here from my sweet Kelly Bell where she called me Funky Monkey. How could anyone be called that and stay in a funk? Somehow it takes the edge off the funk when you add the monk.

Okay, that was just stupid.

Today is Ash Wednesday. Which normally would mean next to nothing to me. I did not grow up observing Lent, nor have I ever bothered to learn about it or participate in it in my adult life. But now, because of the unique journey of the past year, I'm stepping out and partaking. I'm eager to see what God has in store as I make a conscious effort to appreciate more deeply Jesus' life and death and teachings.

I'll share more in the coming days about that.

Time to get the kids movin'. We've got a long day - with variety show rehearsals and soccer practice and bible study... I'm doing my best to get out of the house early enough for a trip to Starbucks. Obviously, I'm not giving up coffee for lent...

Happy Wendsday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...