Skip to main content

Friday Footnotes

*****
Okay.

The whole family went absolutely ga-ga over the vodka sauce. Really. Huge hit.

I got the recipe here: Sausage and Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce

(Kate: I've heard about Rachel Ray's recipe - but have not tried it... I'd love the recipe! Especially now that I've got my big ol' bottle of vodka!)

*****
Asia and I are looking forward to getting involved with Invisible Children. Check out their website. We're looking forward to seeing the movie next week and are hoping to take part in the Global Night Commute.

We recently watched Hotel Rwanda, and were so incredulous that something like that could happen - here it is, happening again in Uganda, and we have an opportunity to take a stand against it.

I know God's heart is breaking - and if we can contribute prayers and resources and take on the role of activist, we will do it.

*****

It rained all day today. It's supposed to rain all weekend.

Happy Easter.

It's a bit of a bummer - there won't be much in the way of cute pictures... but oh well. We can still celebrate.

Gotta get the easter candy tomorrow... I GET TO EAT CHOCOLATE ON SUNDAY!!! Of course, Easter is not about the candy. But.I.get.to.eat.chocolate!

*****

Gracie has become such a shadow. She literally follows me from room to room all day long. When I'm drying my hair in the morning, she lays down on the bathroom rug. If I'm cooking dinner, she's laying in front of the sink (right where it's impossible to get to either the sink or the garbage can...) If I'm in the living room, she's in her chair or at my feet.

She just wants to be with me. It's sweet.

Love her.


*****

We're currently planning our summer vacation - we'll be heading down to Park City, Utah to visit some friends.

We'll go by way of Yellowstone and come home through Boise and go see my dear friend Kelly and her boys.

I love vacation planning. It makes me happy.

*****

K. was helping me hang up the clean shirts from the laundry the other day. He had to go get hangers from all the closets to do so, and when he came out of my room with his arms full of hangers he said,

"Geez, Mom. You've got to lay off the hangers."

What the heck? I keep thinking about that. What is that supposed to mean?

That kid is such a freak.

*****

Asia has been late for work the last two mornings.

He says he can't get out of bed because of the new sheets.

*****

I recently ordered these amazing stickers for my scrapbooking... I had a few sheets of them and am seriously using them ALL THE TIME. I decided to just get the whole line. They are so unbelievably versatile. And besides, I'm totally in love with everything 7 Gypsies makes. I'd marry it if I could.

*****

I've taken to making a "Friday Chores" list before I leave for work each Friday. It's the list of things I want Asia and the kids to accomplish before I get home. It's been working gloriously. It brings me much joy and satisfaction.

I LOVE making the list. The kids are now old enough that I can think about the little projects I've been meaning to get to and assign them to the kids to get done. Today S. took all the snow clothes and coats they've outgrown out of the coat closet and organized all the remaining jackets. K. mopped all the bathroom floors and E. scrubbed the toilets.

I LOVE the Friday Chore list.

*****

My bangs desperately need trimming.

*****

Time to make a pot of decaf. I need something warm and snuggly. We're going to watch a DVD from the library about Yellowstone.

*****

Happy Weekend, everyone.

Oh - and lay off the hangers, 'kay?

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:31 AM

    LOL! You are such a hoot! I just love that about you! Truly, you just rock!

    Love vacation planning as well. My husband almost gave me a heartattack last night when he said with gas prices we may not be able to on vacation this year (we are driving to Virginia from VT) and well I almost cried... he was kidding but it is true... amazing what we take for granted... gasoline! We will make the vacation happen, it just will happen.

    Love the Gracie photo. So sweet. You have a Happy Easter girl. Love you. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:41 AM

    It's so nice to come and catch up on your blog. I have been so busy with birthdays and holidays.

    Your blog always makes me smile.

    I want to see some pages with those 7 gyspsies stickers. How do you use them? I'm not much of a sticker person, but I *love* those.

    Hope you & your family have a wonderful, blessed Easter.

    M~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:11 AM

    Hey Cathy....On TV last night Rachel Ray was eating her way thru Park City for $40. Yummm!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read