Skip to main content

I've been tagged.

Before I address the tagging of the tag, I have a confession to make.
I just fed my dog a sweet potato off of my fork. And.then.proceeded.to.take.another.bite.off.said.fork.

I know - sick.

Okay. Onto the tag. My dear sweet friend Suzie tagged me. I'd link her, but she's password protected. I think she works for the government or something. No - but she is protected. Maybe she's in the witness protection program. Nah - that's not it either. She's really nice though. She has a lovely blog - it's where I'm involved in my circle journal. Anywho - she tagged me.

Now - onto the tag. Really, this time.

5 things:

in my fridge
1. a box of go-gurts for the kids' lunches. For some sick reason I think I'm giving them a healthy lunch if I throw in a tube of neon colored yogurt.
2. a few Mike's light hard lemonades
3. leftover meatloaf from dinner the other night. I know it's terribly out of fashion to like meatloaf, but I do. And I'm not going to apologize for it. Plus, I use my Grandma Young's recipe, and I feel uniquely tied to her when I make it.
4. a bottle of amoxicillian that K. had for strep throat that we never finished. Does anyone ever actually get all the way through the ten days of amoxicillian? I feel like this is one of my greatest failures as a parent. I have never made it through the full course of antibiotics with any of my kids. I get to day 8 or 9 and just give up.
5. a half eaten bag of broccoli from Costco. No matter how hard I try (and I try really hard) I cannot get through that bag before it goes bad.

in my closet
1. shoes - all over the floor, and an empty shoe rack.
2. lots of jeans. I wear jeans almost every day of my life.
3. a pair of hiking boots I bought in Montana. I wore them once, climbing a trail in Glacier Nat'l park, and haven't worn them since. My neice threw up that day. (that has nothing to do with the shoes, I just happened to remember.)
4. several things I haven't worn for well over a year. I really need to clean out the closet.
5. none of Asia's stuff (we got a closet divorce when we first bought this house. This closet just isn't big enough for the two of us.)

in my purse
1. a darling little pink wallet. Love my pink wallet.
2. three different types of mints.
3. a package of pin-backs I'm using in a class tomorrow.
4. my cell phone - ring tone set to "Dancing Queen"
5. six dollars and change

in my car
1. dog slobber all over the back window.
2. a small phone book - I've never needed it but I like knowing it's there.
3. a business card for the local tennis shop
4. CD's everywhere.
5. a notebook in the glove box where I've written "cheesy gordita crunch" on the first page because I can never remember the name of the thing I like to eat at Taco Bell.

on my TiVo
1. About 5 Oprahs. I don't watch them all, but I tape them so I can watch if the topic interests me. Lately I've been deleting most of them.
2. American Idol from Tuesday. It was so good, I couldn't bring myself to delete it yet.
3. What Not to Wear
4. Fiddler on the Roof - I wanted to watch this with the kids and we haven't had time to yet.
5. The Next Food Network Star. I somehow missed the beginning of this show and was able to tape all the episodes on Sunday. I've watched the first two and think now I'll just delete the middle three and watch the ending episodes.


And I'm tagging Stephanie, Kate, and Mindy.
Go to it, girls!

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:10 PM

    OOH this look so fun! Love your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud about the cheesy gordita crunch. So funny that you wrote it down! Loved learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Oh, I'm just catching up on my blog reading and saw Suzie's tag as well. Better do that tomorrow.

    Wasn't that AI so good? I just love those songs. I have a whole channel at pandora of those...it is wonderful!

    M~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The day your niece threw up is the same day you wore your hiking boots. Such a lovely memory, Cathy...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read