Skip to main content

Untitled, because I'm entirely un-clever this morning.

I haven't felt particularly bloggy lately. Can't explain it, but when I think about posting something, my mind goes numb and my fingers stiffen and I break out in a cold sweat.

Okay, not really. I just haven't had much to say, I guess.

I wanted to post today though - had to give a little shout out to three of my favorite people's birthdays, which are this week.

My brother Steve turned 42 on Sunday. I was a bad sister and didn't get a card off to him in time, since we were traveling.

What do I like about Steve? He's genuine. He serves others selflessly. He questions. He's a guy who likes to get out and do things. He fixes my computer. He's easy easy easy to be with - no stress. He calls me Ugly, which may sound terrible, but it's truly one of the sweetest terms of endearment I am privileged to be called.

So happy belated birthday, big brother. (Did ya'll catch the BIG? He's WAY older than me.)

And then - today is my sister-in-law LaChel's birthday. She's turning the big FOUR-O!

LaChel was the first person to let me drive a car... all the way to Miles Crossing from our house. I was fourteen. Scandalous, I tell you, but SO cool. She was my roommate in college. We fought about sweeping and making pie crusts, but in general, we had loads of fun together with my brother Ken.

LaChel is one of those people who gets it done. She sees a need and she meets it. Sacrificially. Unnoticed. All the way. She is a giver. 100% all the time. She's the best wife in the whole world for my brother - and for that I am thankful.

Happy Birthday, Chel. I Love you.

Today was also my late Grandpa Young's birthday.
He would have been 94 today.
I miss him.

I've GOT to clean my house today. The floors are driving me crazy. Of course, floors are my very least favorite thing to clean, so that's a problem. I don't know why it bugs me so much. If I could hire a housekeeper just to come to my house and clean the floors twice a week I'd be a happy girl. A REALLY happy girl. I don't think there are housekeepers like that though. So I'll be cleaning the floors today. Yuck.

Happy Wednesday to you all... here's to clean floors and the middle of the week.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:53 AM

    ARGH.. I am not a good floor cleaner either... I have fallen in love with the swifer though... have you tried that? Really does a quick nice job... gotta love that.

    Happy B-Days to all your family!

    Happy Wednesday my friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the props! You're only a few years behind me, closer to 40 than 30 there little sister, and Uglier than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I can't find your email, which I believe I used to have, so I'm going to have to ask you in your comments section~
    how do you know Bart (other than the fact that he's a world famous megastar, of course! :D )? That's so cool!
    I've been emailing back and forth with him recently, he's been trying to give me good-enough directions to get me safely landed in the right place for one of his discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine - you have email...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read