Skip to main content

Glory, be!

The birds are chirping outside and the weather forecast is predicting highs in the upper 80's today. It's a glorious day to be alive. Glorious, I say! I've got windows open all over the house and the smell wafting through them is intoxicating. And, it's Monday - my favorite day of the week!

I'm a bit disjointed this morning, so I'm resorting to bullets.

My Mother's Day was lovely. Asia and the kids bought me a bike - which I'm so excited about. I also got a bouquet of the prettiest roses I think I've ever gotten. They're all shades of pink and so full and beautiful. Flowers really make me happy.

  • I'm also getting a new patio put in this week. An outdoor beautification project almost always ends up being part of my Mother's Day gift. We built a new deck in 2003 and I've been waiting to finish up the tail end of that project since then. I'll be sure to take before and after pictures. I think it's going to make a huge difference in my back yard. I'm very excited about my patio.
  • I have to publicly shout-out to my Mom, who is the best Mom in the world. Of course, I didn't get to the post office in time to mail her Mother's Day present, and in her typical understanding way, she told me to just bring it when I see her in a couple of weeks... I hate that I can't even seem to get my life organized enough (or be enough of a grown-up) to get to the post office in time to send presents. I'm a big failure in that department. But my Mom still loves me. Thank goodness.
  • And of course, since I didn't get to the post office, I didn't get my Dad's birthday present mailed either. Today is his birthday. Sorry Dad. I'll bring it to Leavenworth. Love you.
  • I helped S. put together a 'float' for a school assignment over the weekend. The third grade class always does a huge project and program on the city of Spokane that coincides with the week of the Lilac Festival and Parade. We did her float on Green Bluff - a farming community to the north of Spokane, with pumpkin patches and apple orchards. I have to say - those are some of my best Mommy moments - helping the kids create clever and eye-catching school projects. Her float is the cutest thing I've ever seen. We made little fimo clay pumpkins, had an apple tree and a picket fence with bales of hay and flower pots in the corners. It's just adorable. I forgot to take a picture before she took it to school this morning, so I'll have to get one Wednesday at the program. I'm so proud of her creative eye - she understands good design. Good girl.
  • My dog is getting so big. I looked at her paws the other day and thought "where the heck did those monstrous toes come from?" She's really a beautiful dog... I get comments on her every time I take her out. Really. She's a stunning example of canine beauty. Love her. LOVE.HER!
  • I was supposed to get my hair colored this morning. I cancelled the appointment. I'm going to go buy a box and do it myself. I just hate spending money on color, even though I know the end results are so nice. Ugh. I'm cheap. Cheap, I tell you. But I've got to do something about all this grey... it's taking over my head. (I really teased my brother Ken when he started going grey. Karma, folks.)
  • We had the pastor and his wife and son over on Friday. I made my flank steak and we yakked for hours. Good stuff. At one point Asia brought up my musical giftedness, in an effort to... well, honestly, I don't know why he brought it up. Rob (the pastor) was interested in my reluctance to 'get involved' in the music at church... I can't really explain it, and I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I have lost 90% of the urging I used to feel to be involved in 'music ministry.' And yet, as Rob pointed out, if I have a gifting in that area, I need to evaluate if there are things I should be doing to serve in that area. I have mixed feelings about it all and am just beginning to process it. Part of me just feels like that was a season in my life that is over. But I do want to be faithful to use what God has given me... it's good to be in a place where I'm not just rushing in blindly to do what is easy for me... but almost harder to not feel sure of where I belong. We'll see. We'll see.
  • I desperately need to shower. Not that you care.
  • Did I tell you how good it smells outside today? I could just drink it.
  • I got some pretty new jewelry last week... amazing how pretty jewelry makes me feel, well... pretty. You just can't beat a lovely beaded necklace in my book.

Have a super Monday, friends.

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Toodles!

Comments

  1. Blogger was being rude yesterday when I went to post, Cathy, but I am so happy that you had a nice Mother's Day. Your family sounds wonderful. And I like your beaded necklace- it makes me happy just looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 PM

    Great new necklace. You are beautiful with or without it. Seriously. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:05 AM

    You are my soul-sister. of that, I have no doubt. I know, deep in my heart, that we were brought together for a reason. Every time I read your words, I feel as though I am peeking into the window of my soul. I love that!

    Specifically, your observations about getting to the post office, and getting it together, and being a grown up. I am such a failure in this area. An utter, and complete failure. I am ALWAYS behind on sending packages. And quite often, they don't get sent at all. They just sit in my hall making me feel guilty. Why is it that I can't get my act together and go to the Post Office? This is truly a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read