Skip to main content

Monday Ramblings...

First of all, can we all just have a moment of silence for the nice long blog post I just wrote, only to have it disappear into the blogger files of obscurity? I hate it when that happens.


Okay.

Now for my attempt to re-write it.
  • My weekend was lovely. I had visitors coming Saturday night, so I spent most of the day cleaning and putting things away from vacation. It was a sweaty day, since the temp was over 100 and we don't have air conditioning. But the house is so clean. And it's so nice to be fully recovered from vacation...
  • Ryan came to visit WITH A GIRL!!! A girl who is sweet and lovely and has the most beautiful eyes... Her name is Mindy, and I think perhaps she is the answer to our prayers. I really really liked her. It was so fun to visit with Ryan and watch them together and take her around Spokane to show off our great little city.
  • Asia got home from the funeral yesterday at around 3:00. Slept one night in his own bed and is now on his way to Seattle for his first week on the new job. Poor guy.
  • E. had to go the emergency room in Astoria with Grandma and Grandpa over the weekend. He had a little sore on his ankle that was bothering him, and ended up getting all fat and swollen. Turned out to be a Cellulitis infection. He's on antibiotics. And crutches. He's supposed to keep it elevated and keep weight off it... there's pretty much nothing cooler in the world of a six year old than being on crutches...
  • S. is being the good little mother hen to her little brother. She told me on the phone about how worried she was about his leg... she's a great sis.
  • I have a friend who is also a friend of my parents, who is also a nurse. Her name is Jan. She went over and looked at E's leg at Mom and Dad's and recommended he go to the E.R... She's also an amazing photographer. I've been getting emails from her all weekend with pictures of the kids. Love that. Really. A lot. Thanks, Jan.
  • One of the highlights of our week at the beach was getting to do a photo shoot with my nephew, Cameron, who is going to be a senior this year. First of all, I love taking pictures... finding the best light and the best angle and setting the mood. It was so fun to hang with Cam and make him laugh, all the while clicking away. I got some good shots that I'll share later.
  • Can't believe he's going to be a senior. He's the oldest of my neices and nephews. I remember getting the phone call that Steve and Lorraine were going to have a baby... I screamed I was so excited. Seems like it was yesterday.
  • S. and I got to spend an afternoon together at the beach house... we had lunch at a sweet little restaurant called "Bread and Ocean," then wandered around Manzanita. The charm of this little beach town is in it's lack of tourist-trap cheesiness. It's full of great little shops, which are somehow void of the typical baskets full of imported shells and tacky resin windchines... Anyhow, S. wanted a hat - the girl looks great in hats, and we found the perfect one - a darling little beachy hat from a free trade shop. She looks so cute in it. She also used her own money and got $12 worth of salt water taffy to share with her cousins and her brothers. She's a generous little thing. Love that about her.
  • Did a fun little sunset photo shoot of S. in her beach hat - so many pictures to share... so little time...
  • I went the the farmers' market on Saturday. Bought corn, carrots, nectarines, a fresh flower bouquet and two loaves of yummy bread. I love the farmers' market. I love the sights and the sounds. And the color. Such color...
  • It's supposed to be over 100 degrees again today. The fourth day in a row. It's really too hot to do much of anything. My goal for the day is to get my studio cleaned out. It's so cluttered in there... hope I can get it mostly done without melting. Really. It's that hot.
  • I've got loads of pictures I'd love to add to this post, but blogger isn't cooperating. Ugh.
  • Time to refill the coffee cup and see if this thing will post now. Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. wow - crazy... my hubby was just in the hospital for 5 days with cellulitis last week. and i thought the heat in seattle was bad - i can't even imagine how terrible it must be in east. wa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy fun weekend...except for the heat. hope that gets better for you soon. and as for blogger...grrr-i have been trying for two days now and i can't post a thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fliker photos are wonderful (I especially like the one of you and your husbandly :) )-- what are you shooting with? Are you shooting manually?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sus - I don't shoot manually - ever. I just don't have room in my brain for all that - and I get such great results from auto... I have a Pentax IST DL camera - my film SLR was a Pentax - so I already had all my lenses. I LOVE this camera and have had super results with it.

    I wanted to share my pictures so badly and silly blogger just wouldn't cooperate, so I had to make the fliker banner... it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, it seems like we are just now getting some relief from the heat. You sure have been busy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read