Skip to main content

Totally out of ideas for clever titles. It's just a regular ol' blog post people.

It's been a crazy busy weekend - and the week ahead promises to be the same... not a lot of time for the computer.

There are some things on my mind though, so I'm going to blurt.
  • I had sick kids this week. S. threw up (everywhere - all over her bed and carpet) on Monday night and all day Tuesday... Just when I thought she was better and we could leave the house, E. threw up in the first store we stopped at on Thursday. Fun. Thank goodness no one else has gotten the dreaded tummy bug. Yet.
  • I have a mammogram scheduled for tomorrow morning. Yay.
  • I helped in the nursery at church this morning. I'm sort of waiting on Asia regarding how we are going to serve at our new church - but when the opportunity came up for me to help in the nursery, I jumped at the chance. It's been years since I've done nursery work... when my kids were babies you couldn't have paid me to work in the nursery. Now, I love it. I get to squeeze sweet little babies and bounce them and smell their sweet baby smells. Once a month will be good to get my baby fix.
  • We leave next Saturday morning for our annual beach trip. SO excited. Lots to do to get ready.
  • We can't decide if we're taking Gracie to the beach. A big part of me wants to kennel her here. But we haven't yet, so finding a kennel this week would add more to my already busy schedule... very undecided here. It sure would be a lot easier to travel without her.
  • Went clothes shopping this afternoon. I actually found shorts. I have been having great difficulty finding shorts this summer. They're all either WAY too long (Bermudas are in, people) or WAY to short in the crotch. We're talking one inch zippers, folks. It's just not appropriate on a woman my age. Oh - and then there are the lovely elastic waisted shorts made for grannies. Where are the shorts for women my age? I'm just looking for some regular length, mid-rise flattering shorts. They don't exist. I settled on a pair of Bermudas today - out of desperation. I feel like I should go buy a pair of Keds and keep a tennis racket over my shoulder. Just a bit too preppy for me... but they'll have to do. At least they weren't plaid.
  • Asia is selling his car... he has a buyer coming this afternoon to get his daughter's approval for it - but basically he committed to buying it yesterday when he test drove it. With the traveling he'll be doing in his new position, Asia needs something more reliable for the weeks when a state car isn't available. He's looking to buy a VW Jetta that a friend is trying to sell... I hate buying cars. It makes me extremely nervous and uptight. I'm totally letting him make this decision, since I can't be involved without getting stressed out.
  • Did you know that Volkswagen is making the Rabbit again? My first car was a Rabbit. I named it John. Loved that car. Hated paying for all the repairs it needed, but I loved the car.
  • Wimbledon is over. The months of June and July are full of tennis, with the French Open and Wimbledon just weeks apart. I like to watch tennis. But not as much as Asia does. He tapes about 5 hours of tennis a day during the tourneys. Thank goodness he watches them VERY quickly, skipping lots and lots or fluff and the between point rif-raff.. But still, it's always a relief when a tournament is done...
  • It's Sunday nap time. I take a nap nearly every Sunday. LOVE my Sunday nap.

Comments

  1. Check out Eddie Bauer online Cathy- I don't know if you have that kind of time left to wait for shorts to be delivered, but they look like they have quite the selection of various short lengths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath, I can ask Loren & Erica where they kennel their dogs if you want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the stuff of life, isn't it? The sort of stuff that God has chosen to make us like Him. You are a great inspiration to me thru death and mamograms and the stomach flu. I have prayed for you today, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Cathy, this is unrelated to your post, but I just wanted to tell you that I saw "Apropos" on one of Ali Edward's layouts in last months CK, and thought "Hey, I know someone who works there!" The world feels a little smaller than before.

    My brother lives near Seattle, and I am hoping to someday even get down and see his place. (I better hurry--I think he is moving in August!) Anyway, if I do, I'll be sure to drop by the store and see you.

    Hope you had a good nap!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read