Skip to main content

Work schmirk purk yerk

I met with my boss, Kathy last night to go over the fall schedule at the store.

I'm teaching 24 times from September 12th through December 18th.

When I say it like that, I scare myself.

But when I take it one month at a time, it's fine.

Lots of fun stuff on the schedule...

Christmas Photo Cards
A metal embossed angel tree topper
An Album in a Day
Gift Card Holders for Stocking Stuffers
A 2007 Organizer
Halloween and Christmas Mini Books

Lots to design...

In other news, we are officially a one-car family - at least until we get the new car details worked out. The buyers came with the cashier's check last night and drove away with Marvin, our old car. (Yes, we always name our cars.) I was gone when it happened, and was just a teeny bit sad to drive up the driveway and see the car gone. It used to be my Grandpa's car - I always felt a little connection to my grandparents whenever I drove it. We still have Grandpa's tool box from the trunk... Asia rode his bike to work this morning. It's all downhill. He's having a friend pick him up tonight with a pickup so they can bring his bike home. Wimp.

I made it through The Mammogram. If you've never had one and you're dreading it, it's really not a big deal. Sure - it's a little uncomfortable and squishy - but compared to childbirth, it's a piece of cake. I couldn't help thinking about the woman who did it and the fact that she's lifting and placing and touching breasts all day. Weird. The hardest part was the she never warned me that I was going to need to hold my breath - she got me all squished in, then went to her little machine and then out of the blue would say "Stop your breath." So I stopped my breath. But then it seemed like forever before she told me I could breathe again and I thought I was going to pass out. Every time. Not a fun feeling. It would have been just as easy for her to say "Take a big breath and hold it." But no. I just had to 'stop my breath' and then stand there feeling as though I would die of oxygen deprivation. She was very sweet though and said "God bless your week" as I left.

August is looking to be a bit nightmarish... Asia's travel schedule is VERY full for the month. And of course, with the kids out of school, it's going to potentially be a long month for me. I think once the kids are back in school I'll manage the traveling much better. It's just that 24/7 kid thing that wears me out after awhile. And having to manage working and teaching with him gone is a bit tricky. Out of 23 working days in August, he's going to be gone 17 of them. Fortunately, he's always home on weekends, but I'll be gone for one weekend in August, so for that two week chunk of time we will hardly see each other. It's going to take some getting used to. He won't usually be gone that much - but because he's just starting, there is an extra week of training in there. It's going to be an interesting month.

Alrighty - it's nearly nine o'clock and K. hasn't woken up yet, and the other two have been quiet for too long... better go check on everyone and be the Mommy.

Happy Tuesday, friends!

Comments

  1. wow. lots of classes. wish i could come to some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Catchy title. Looks like your creative juices are flowing again !
    Sorry Marvin had to go but I know it was the best but it is sort of sad. He has served his purpose.

    Your classes sound so fun. Any easy fun ideas we could use with our Womens Ministry group as we plan for ladies socials next year would be appreciated. Has to be basic level stuff as some ladies aren't into that type of activity.
    It is time to plan out our year
    again.That's always a fun but challenging time and God always comes thru even when we come to the mtg blank as to what we will do for the year. But we love new ideas.

    Have a good day -- love you
    PS Got a kick of your mamogram experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read