Skip to main content

blah blah blah it's Thursday

I had a dream last night that I had an inordinate amount of split ends. My hair was fried.

Very disturbing.

The kids are sleeping late. Either that, or they're awake, and don't want to get up because I told them no one could come out of the room this morning until it was clean.

With Asia gone, I've been letting them all sleep in E.'s room - two on the bunkbeds and one on a mattress on the floor. It takes me a third of the time to tuck them all in and they're all close - right across the hall from my room. This is great, except that it also means that all three of them are contributing to the mess in there. And it's a mess, people. Truly.

So either way, they're in there until it's clean. They can sleep as late as they want, but no one gets breakfast until the room is clean.

Mean Mommy.

There's lots to do today. I work tomorrow, and I'm going out of town Saturday, so I've got to get everything ready for the weekend today. Asia and I will literally pass in the night...

I want there to be some food in the house for him and the kids, so I've got to grocery shop. K. leaves Sunday for camp, so I've got to get him packed. We've got to get school supplies bought today too... Lots to do. Lots to do.

I'm liking the new car. I've driven it all week, saving on gas, since my car tends to be a big gas hog. The new car is a 5 speed. It's been years since I've driven a stick shift on any sort of regular basis. I'm getting back in the groove though... It's a zippy little car. But I still like my car better. I'm just trying to save some $$$.

I've literally been harrassed about posting my flank steak recipe... so I'll do that later today. Promise.

Time for my shower and to walk the dog.

Cheers!

Comments

  1. ;) you mean mean Mommy ... I am SOOO with you on that one.
    yea, where is that recipe?
    I think I would look really good in a little two seater 5 speed. really good. Much better than my ugly van, some vans are ok, mine is ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just plain wonderful. Plus, you are beautiful and creative and a very Good Mommy. It sounds to me like you have your act together! I could take some lessons from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so young and hip and spry when I drive my mom's midlife crisis, stick shift Honda Accord. Hope you have a nice weekend, C... and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read