Skip to main content

Thursday Thoughts

  • I colored my hair this morning. I always do it myself, because I'm cheap. I paid one time to get my hair colored, and paying $60 for something I can do with a $5 box of Nice and Easy just was too painful. Now all my grey hairs are sufficiently covered for another 8 weeks. YAY!
  • I've sent K. something in the mail every day this week. Yesterday was the last day to do that, since he comes home Saturday morning and I doubt anything sent today would get there in time. He even got a postcard from Gracie... I remember mail call at camp as a kid - it's SO fun to get mail.
  • DEEP cleaned my bedroom yesterday. Can you say dust bunnies? I cannot find the hose attachments for my vacuum cleaner, so it was exceedingly difficult to reach all the dust bunnies... I got them all though. And I dusted. And I wiped down the wall and got rid of old shoes and rearranged and reorganized. It's just lovley in there. Makes me want to paint... it's in desperate need of new paint...
  • Asia got home last night - and is home now for 10 days. I sure love him a lot.
  • I am positively addicted to Sonic's Diet Cherry Limeade. I can't stop thinking about it.
  • I'm getting SO excited for fall. I have lots of fall decorations that go so beautifully in my living room... I get them out on the first day of school. I can't wait!
  • Benji won! I don't vote for "So You Think You Can Dance" like I do for Idol, but I would have been very upset if he hadn't won. I just want to take that adorable dancing fool of a boy and adopt him. What a cutie!
  • I really want to order these. Which sets, you ask? Build-a-flower, Doodlebloom, Doodle Staples, Doodle Tagged, Journaling Stamp and Swirls 2. That would total $107.94, so I should probably pare that list down a tad. But how?
  • We went letterboxing with my girlfriend Mindy and her kids yesterday. I love letterboxing. It's free, it gets us out exploring in our city, and what's more fun than a treasure hunt? The kids and I really need to plant a box of our own before the summer's over.
  • WARNING: If you click on the link to Mindy's blog, you should know she has nudity on it. You've been warned. BWAHAAHAAA! (Love ya, Min!)
  • My oldest and dearest friend, Corey, is living my dream by owning and operating a bed and breakfast... Asia and I would LOVE to do this someday. If you're ever going to Banff, Alberta, Canada, be sure to look them up. I hope we can go visit them someday soon... it's been way too long.
  • Ordered some stuff from Amazon this morning. I got a free gift certificate for some DSL upgrade Asia did... not sure why we got it, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Got two new books and a CD. I love Amazon.
  • I get to see K. in 48 hours. I can't wait to hear about his week.

Happy Thursday, friends.

Life is good, eh?

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:07 PM

    thanks for the advertisement... things are crazy busy - but it is a dream come true.
    PLEASE COME,PLEASE,PLEASE,please(begging and on my knees...)Miss you and still think of Paris when I am 40 often....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, my blog has to come with a warning!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what? Camp Coundelors appreciate mail calls SO very much, too. They sued too make us sing for packages. You're such a very thoughful mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOps. That's supposed to be counselors. And used to, not sued. I can spell, Cath, I just can't type. Or edit very well, apparently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read