Skip to main content

Oh Canada!




Home.

I love a road trip.

Especially when it's to visit friends.

And old friends are best.

My time with Corey was super.

First of all, she lives in the most beautiful place in the world, I think.

Secondly, she owns a beautiful Bed and Breakfast and bought french pastries for us to share on her birthday.

Third, I got to see Charlie and give him a hug and revel in his alive-ness.

Hot tub.

Sauna.

Shopping.

Great restaurants.

Lots of conversation and laughter.

Music.

And the wildlife... goodness. I saw bears and moose and birds and chipmunks and bunnies.

Seriously.

Now I have piles and piles and piles of laundry.

But I'm refreshed and ready.

I don't know if I accomplished what I set out to do with this trip - but I hope I was a blessing - I know that I was blessed.

It's not a small thing to have a friend you've known for 33 years.

It's a huge part of who I am that I have experienced that kind of loyalty.

Love you, Corey.
(Thanks for sharing her with me, Paul.)

Comments

  1. Hey friend -
    I'm doing laundry too!!!
    It was great having you here and we had no agenda... I realized that it was good to have someone here who knows my "child history" with my family, especially since I have a lot of memory loss;)
    It was also good to see where I live... I worked so much this summer and never got to be a tourist - so thank you.
    I think a February/Spokane road trip for me is absolutely a necessary thing.
    Thanks for being so brave and coming... it was weird to realize that so much time has passed - and we still have so much in common. Our childhood has really affected who we are as adults...
    Paul was totally relieved to have you here...I have been so needy the last few weeks and distraction was perfect - I am at peace - you are at peace - that was exactly what we both needed.
    Love you and here is a virtual hug since we always forget to hug - we both suck at goodbye, eh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your trip went well!
    Sounded like just what you needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:55 PM

    this sounds perfectly wonderful.. so glad you were able to refresh and enjoy your time away....

    beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures. Sounds like you had a great time. Did you see Goldilocks too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have old friends and ones to visit. Sounds like you had a wonderfully relaxed and joyful time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...