Skip to main content

Sunday evening and all is well

I made it though the week.

Three classes.

Conferences for all three kids.

Asia out of town.

Two sick kids.

Two trips to the doctor.

Typing, formatting and publishing a huge booklet for the school auction.

Laundry, dinner and household chores? Totally ignored.

It was pretty ugly around here.

But it's over.

My classes were a success, the auction went off without a hitch, and I'm finally caught up on my laundry.

Asia is home.

The kids are starting to feel better.

And I'm feeling more relaxed than I have in weeks.

I get to make pies tomorrow.

I love baking.

And I make really good pumpkin pie.

Had a phone call from an old friend today.

We talked for a long time.

I hung up refreshed. And thankful. And happy.

All good things.

Contentment is good for the soul.

Hugs, ya'll.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I too am glad everything is back to normal. Sick kids are not fun, especially with your husband out of town.
    I meant to tell you that I loved your comment on my stamping blog. That little arm in the photo of new stamps belongs to my oldest son, Harrison. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:03 PM

    so glad to hear the joy in your words friend
    love you
    happy thanksgiving
    god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something I have been thinking about- Do you think laundry and dishes belong on the to-do list? I mean, they will always be there then, won't they?

    MMM... pumpkin pie. I can't wait for Thursday! Andy is baking tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Asia is home and life is calming down a bit for you (if a Mom can ever have a calm life that is!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...