Skip to main content

Weekend.

We're off this morning to go to Leavenworth.

We have some friends who own a vacation home there and who let us use it on Veteran's Day weekend each year.

It's such a beautiful, peaceful setting.

So we'll have a birthday party for S.

Play games.

Read.

Hike.

Watch movies.

Relax.

Rest.

***

But before that I've got to finish packing and get my shower and take the dog to the kennel.

Asia is already there, since he was traveling this week near there and we couldn't see any sense in his coming home first just to drive all the way back... so I'm on my own. (Hate packing the car by myself... that's a man's job if ever there were one...)

***

Had a weird dream last night about my brother and his wife coming to visit. And they wanted to meet our pastor, so they picked them up to take them out to eat lunch. And as they drove off, I noticed they were all crammed into the front seat of a Nissan Sentra. My pastor was straddling the stick shift. You know, like we did in high school when there weren't enough seats to go around? And the back seat? Totally empty. What could that be saying?

Weird.

***

So, I'm off to get ready to go.
Happy weekend, friends.

Comments

  1. tee hee-I am the car packer in our family. Bj was definately at the back of the line when they passed out car packing abilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dream made me laugh. I think in my youth group days we crammed about 15 kids into a Rabbit. There wasn't a lot of room to breathe, but with the B.O., you didn't really want to, anyway. Good times.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

Phlumpyschlumpy.

Good morning, peeps. It's Friday. There's frost outside this morning. *FROST!* This week has been ridiculously chilly. I'm having mixed feelings about blogging lately. Mostly because I feel like all I've been doing is whine about being tired. Or overwhelmed. And because comments are lacking. And because I can't seem to think about anything to write about except Tejan. And because some of the thoughts I'm having are too private for the blog - or too repetitive. Or too unformed to turn into actual words you all could understand. So I'm struggling a bit. And yet, I'm committed to documenting the process I'm in. So I'll keep writing when the words come. And when they don't, like this morning, when I looked at that intimidating blinking cursor and my mind went blank and I started to break out in a cold sweat and began by talking about the weather... well, then, I'll just gracefully (or not so gracefully) back out of the room... tail between m...

The floodgates have opened.

So, I was doing pretty well managing my emotions. I kept telling people that I had processed a lot of my grieving over Tejan's departure back in January - when we were so close to saying goodbye... and so that must be why I wasn't feeling overly emotional about it this time around. I hadn't shed any tears. Hadn't choked up in that strange, overwhelming way where I feel like my whole head is filling up with fluid and my throat is so constricted I'm just sure I'm going to die. Nope. I was doing just fine. And then I went out to dinner with some girlfriends. And while I was a little socially inept because I'm a kind of overwhelmed and not really wanting to talk too much lately (perhaps in subconscious fear that I might touch on a nerve that would cause my aforementioned steely resolve to crumble) I thought I got through the evening fairly well. I didn't tear up - or need tissue for any fluids defiantly leaking from my facial orifices... until I made the a...

A year of lists...

  I've been blessed with a wonderful online group of friends for about 8 years and am joining them this year for a blog challenge to post one list a week in an effort to revive our mostly neglected blogs... I'm hoping to post a list each Monday starting today! List #1 - 2013 in review January: I got my first dent in my six month old Kia Sorento and it was a doozy! The car was totaled in a 19 car pile up on an icy Spokane hill. We were blessed by our insurance with complete car replacement with upgrades. Sorento #2 is working out just fine! February: I turned 44 - Asia and I celebrated with a little Spokane staycation downtown. Asia started working at Spokane Therapist - seeing his first clients and beginning to build his private practice. March: Kyler decided to quit running... having decided not to pursue a running career in college, he wanted to free up that after school practice time to work more and save more money for college. I was proud of his...