Skip to main content

Ten

  1. Boxing Day is lovely, I think. Especially if you don't have to go out in the crowded stores and can just be home and revel in the done-ness of all the Christmas rush. I love Christmas, but I also love the calm of after Christmas. No more cookies to bake. No more presents to wrap... that's good.
  2. Picked the dog up from the kennel this morning. She was one happy pup. She's sound asleep in her chair now. Good to have her home. The kids missed her bunches - especially since we got home on Christmas eve, but couldn't get her until today, since the kennel doesn't do pick-ups on holidays.
  3. Asia totally surprised me with new bee-yoo-tee-ful lamps for Christmas. I've been in desperate need of new lamps, since two of mine have been broken for some time... He bought gorgeous lamps - one from Bombay Company (see it here) and one from my very favorite local furniture store. I'm so happy with them. They're way nicer than anything I would have bought myself.
  4. The extended family Christmas was lovely. My sister-in-law is a consummate hostess and provided the most amazing Christmas dining experience of my life. Seriously. It was just lovely. We had a white elephant gift exchange, lots of food, an X-Box 360 tournament (in which Grandma and Grandpa even played!) a regular gift exchange, stockings, rooms full of sleeping cousins and sixteen people sharing three bathrooms. What a blast!
  5. Spike Television had a Star Trek Voyager marathon recently. Ugh. Our DVR is full of this silly show and Asia is watching it every chance he gets. I never liked this Star Trek series...
  6. I'm really tired of sweets. I want meat and potatoes for dinner tonight.
  7. We rented Shop Girl a few nights ago. Great movie. Just a really well done story - with beautiful cinematography and superb acting. I wanted to watch it over and over again.
  8. I'm pretty much ready for all the Christmas break re-runs to be over. Give me some new shows!!!
  9. I can't decide whether I want a 60 inch round table or a square counter height table when we replace our awful old oak kitchen table. Any suggestions?
  10. Resolutions... can't decide whether I need to make any this year... for sure, I need to organize my household in the coming month, but I don't know if I want to call that a resolution... still thinking on that.

Happy December 26th, friends. Hope you had a memorable Christmas.

Comments

  1. Cath. I love, love the round dining room tables. I love that you can see everyone you're talking to without straining your neck. But, I'm a talker.

    And. Those Christmas cards are on my "lift" list for next year. They are too cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Boxing day to you too! It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Very pretty lamps. We need new lamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:52 AM

    Why not a short square table. I love the square ones! It was soo good to see you! Loved our dinner together...GOOD FOOD and GOOD COMPANY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. again i say tee hee boxing day :)

    i love my round table, but if i had a place to put one, i would get a tall square one.

    i loved shop girl too

    i am having January as 30 days of organization- will have something to do every single day.

    merry christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, friend!! I got so inspired yesterday that we totally gutted (read: cleaned) the kids rooms and took the tree down in our school room and cleaned and organized that room. It felt soooooo good. I'm with ya' on the sweets. I'm looking forward to going back to counting points, but I figure why bother until after New Years. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy. :) I never likes Star Trek either.
    Love the new lamp.
    And while I LOVE Christmas, I am loving the calm now too. Now I just have to get the house in order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:01 AM

    Hey....Let's have some credit here. Not only did I play the
    X-BOX 360 I MADE THE SEMI-FINALS !

    You were right on, Cath, Christmas dinner was a feast to remember !
    Just like right out of the pages of the fanciest magazine you could imagine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love it when people talk back...

Popular posts from this blog

It came out of the faucet that way.

It's been months since I've had a "Getting to Know You Wednesday." Life's been a little crazy. So today, when life is a little bit calm and I've got the least chaotic week I've had for ages, I thought I'd jump back in. So today, if you leave me a comment telling me your most favorite-ist movie line ever, I'll enter you in a drawing for your very own copy of Josh Groban's new Christmas CD - Noel . It's a good one, folks. Classic holiday music from such a wonderful vocalist... you'll like it, I promise. I just want one movie line. Not your three favorite... not a paragraph. Just one line. The one you find yourself repeating. The one that makes you laugh every time. Your very favorite movie line of all time. And if you're the first person to name the movie my title is from, you'll get an extra entry in the drawing. Now, let's hear it.

30,000? For real?

So, if you scroll down to the bottom of this here blog, you'll see that I'm probably just a day or two from reaching 30,000 hits. That's just freaky. And in just under 2 years. (I didn't add the counter until after I'd been blogging for several months...) So in honor of almost reaching that milestone, this weeks 'getting to know you Wednesday' question is this: What would you do if you won $30,000? I like this question, because it's not an overwhelming number, and therefore not brain-freeze inducing. It's big enough to be able to accomplish some nice little projects around the house, but not so large that you have to worry about your third cousins from the Ozarks showing up on your doorstep looking for cash so they can put veneers on their teeth. Answer my question this week and you'll be entered in a drawing for 30 special little trinkets in a lovely little goody box. (And when I say trinkets, I mean trinkets. We're talking 30 little lovelie

Are you ready for this?

How did it get to be Wednesday? Seriously. There aren't enough hours in the day - even when you're up at 2:00 am. And no - I didn't get up at 2:00 this morning. I slept all the way until 5:00! Anywho - I decided I needed something new to blog. Something to shake you all out of your 'thoughts from the deep recesses' stupor. Something to get your blood pumping and your fingers tingling. Something to inspire long and meaningful comments. From you. My beloved readers. It's a new weekly Thoughts From the Deep Recesses feature. It's "Getting to Know you Wednesday" Now this could either be lots of fun, or it could just totally flop, and I could go to bed crying because my blog readers are a bunch of takers who only come here to read and never interact. Like a piece of fresh fruit, you squeeze the juice out of my hard-written and well thought out posts and then you toss them aside, wandering on to the next blog with a simple click of your mouse. You read